Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was sick of TMC errors for glu mobile games, mostly when trying to open jumpoclock, so I looked into the files, and found an intresting thing.

the appinfo.json file has a line that says
    requiredMemory : 90.

I changed this to 9 and deleted the original version of gjumpoclock and installed this edited version, restarted my phone, and I haven't had the error for 3 days.

I don't know if this will fix it for all glu mobile games, but for jumpoclock it works great.
  2.    #2  
    what's intresting is that glyder which is a 3d app and is 4 times the size of jumpoclock has requiredMemory of 80 while jumpoclock needs 90.
    Since I downloaded Jump-o-Clock I have not been able to play it even ONCE. I cant believe the simple trick worked!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    seems like a typo they can easily fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I was sick of TMC errors for glu mobile games, mostly when trying to open jumpoclock, so I looked into the files, and found an intresting thing.

the appinfo.json file has a line that says
    requiredMemory : 90.

I changed this to 9 and deleted the original version of gjumpoclock and installed this edited version, restarted my phone, and I haven't had the error for 3 days.

I don't know if this will fix it for all glu mobile games, but for jumpoclock it works great.
    Best is you send this in to Glu Mobile. They can fix their Appinfo.json and Update the App in the Catalog. Not every User is able to edit this.

Good work !!
    Works great on TransformersG1 too!

Can be done on all PDK games
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    How do we grass roots push this to all the developers?...maybe even Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Where are the pdk applications stored? I'd like to see if I can get inside Super KO Boxing 2 and change the orientation to be the same as other landscape apps.

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

To do this you would have to basically reprogram the entire game as all the assets (graphics) were made for a widescreen orientation.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    download and install uberkernal or F104 Kernel from preware will fix the TMC error and also install Govneh to control the kernal.
    Is there any reason for it to be set at 90? Performance-wise?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Is there any reason for it to be set at 90? Performance-wise?
    This is a guess, but under certain circumstances the program may need 90 (MB?). Be careful changing this setting, lowering it to far may cause adverse problems during game play.

(This is a guess. Can someone set it to something crazy low, like 1 to test? I'm at work so I can't do the testing myself. Will edit if I'm wrong).
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    It is quite possible that Glumobile incorrectly identified the amount of RAM needed to correctly play this app so it would be best to send them a feedback email.

For those wondering the adverse affects of this. Causing the OS to think that the app only requires 9 MB to run, but in reality requires at least 50-80 MB could and probably cause the kernel to crash and in turn the entire OS to crash since it is loading more memory than it thinks.

Example:
    There is only 30MB of memory left. Normally, the appinfo.json would tell the OS that this is not enough memory and trigger the TMC error. If you force the appinfo.json to say 10mb, then it will try the open the entire 50+MB app. The OS/kernel will basically throw a "*** is this" and crash.

Now if you have compcache, this is a lot less likely, but could still happen. With compcache and this mod, it will make it easier for your games to sluggishly play when you don't know it..

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I imagine it won't cause the kernel/phone to crash if you were to set it to a low value.

Instead it could either decide to start writing to the swap which'd make it very slow, and probably displace a TMC anyway, after enough has been loaded to cause that state to be reached.

Though as the PDK is currently for partners, it is entirely possible the phone depends too much on this value.
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    Since I downloaded Jump-o-Clock I have not been able to play it even ONCE. I cant believe the simple trick worked!
    Strange,i've never TMC error with jump o'clock
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I have a sprint Pre...
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I have a sprint pre too and I get the to many cards error all the time with with game. In fact if I want to play it I have to reboot the phone. It is strange because I can load other games such as Hero of Sparta without problem, but if I try to load jump o'clock it gives me the error.
    Well, I'm curious about this. Anyone have any more insight to what this means? Some PDK developer?
    What this means how? App said it needed 90. Now it says it needs 9. OS lets it launch.

The phone has swap space to run apps that go over the amount of physical ram it has. The phone doesn't like to use it because it is slow and makes for slow performance. So while the game may run now every time, odds are he will be seeing performance hiccups when loading or writing to the swap area.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    What this means how? App said it needed 90. Now it says it needs 9. OS lets it launch.

The phone has swap space to run apps that go over the amount of physical ram it has. The phone doesn't like to use it because it is slow and makes for slow performance. So while the game may run now every time, odds are he will be seeing performance hiccups when loading or writing to the swap area.
    Yeah, but I dont see why a 9mb game needs 90mb of ram to run.
    How do i change my value to 9? What do i do?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast