1.    #1  
    hi guys whats the best note taking app or document app

mainly looking for productivity stuff, i'm a college student and kinda looking for anything that would allow me to view documents etc. ? but primarily looking for a really good note app and document viewing app etc

my understanding is docs2go isn't coming for webos? so i'm looking for something similar
    the pre comes with a notes app and a document viewer app
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    No editable document apps at this time. You can view PDF's and Excel's but not edit them. For shame!

The built-in note app SUCKS. Any third-party note app is better than those stupid little stickies.

On the note app tip, I've been seduced by the likes of Evernote and Inglorious Apps "Notes", but I keep coming back to ClassicNote. Why? Because it's fast, fast, fast. I keep it in my coveted launcher bar, ready to open at the flick of the thumb in case I need to jot down that quick phone number, street address, whatever. I use it as a temporary repository, not a long-term storage site. For longer term stuff, I would recommend Inglorious Apps or Evernote for their online backup options. ClassicNote easily sends individual notes to yourself via email, but not automatically. But that's not why I have it. The reason I have it is because I haven't carried a pad and pen since I got my first Palm Pilot, and so far this has been the fastest option to just getting a few words down that I know I won't remember half an hour later. I'll copy and paste later to a contact or something, I don't care. When I need something taken down immediately, ClassicNote is my current best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    hi guys whats the best note taking app or document app

mainly looking for productivity stuff, i'm a college student and kinda looking for anything that would allow me to view documents etc. ? but primarily looking for a really good note app and document viewing app etc

my understanding is docs2go isn't coming for webos? so i'm looking for something similar
    What you need is Notes by Inglorious Apps. View the video demo at (www.IngloriousApps.com), or through the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    ... I've been seduced by the likes of Evernote and Inglorious Apps "Notes"...
    I'm glad you've been seduced by Notes (that's the aim ). If you don't have Notes, NOW is the time to get it, with this Palm's 50% off blow out!!
    There is also

Scratch a word processor for WebOS

And

Cloudocs
  7.    #7  
    thanks guys i'll check those out, much appreciated.
    +1 for Scratch!

I've tried ClassicNotes, Jot It, Evernote, and a few others. Scratch is the best w/ ClassicNotes running a close second.

Scratch wins because it sinks w/ Google docs and doesn't drain the battery as fast.
    Also Stickyman which you can use as wallpaper (so notes always on top) or ust as a quick not app which is easily accessed.
    Laissez Faire
    I am an avid note jotter, almost to the point its like I have a bad memory / ocd because I have to write things down, or put them in my cell or I forget.

I went from the stock Memos app, to stickyman, to todo classic, and now most recent to Notes by inglorious.

I have found the following about each...

Memos - Great if your a simple note taker, no point it buying a better one
    Sitckyman - Great if you want to have more control of your notes, but it has some things I didnt like. If your notes are too big they go overtop the edges of the notes and look bad.
    To Do Classic - I like this because it has categories and I made them for house,work,automotive, etc. Having the swipe to delete was a big help for ease too.
    Notes - I like this so far, but within 2 minutes of having it, I made my categories, and noticed if I labeled something "house", then went in and rearrange the categories and move house down, the note would automatically switch to the category name above it. That doesnt seem good if you have many categories labeled. So I just made notes for each thing rather than categories, then list the bulk of my notes inside each.

Overall I'd say ToDo Classic or Notes is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    They are still holding that carrot out on the proverbial stick as coming to webOS eventually, but the concensus seems to be that we won't get docs to go any time soon.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    +1 for Scratch!

I've tried ClassicNotes, Jot It, Evernote, and a few others. Scratch is the best w/ ClassicNotes running a close second.

Scratch wins because it sinks w/ Google docs and doesn't drain the battery as fast.
    Hey, Scratch Word Processor IS cool! (Not to be confused with Scratchpad.)
    Not as feature-rich as Evernote or Notes, but my main requirement is speed. How fast can I open a new note and start typing? The added bonus here for me is the sync with google docs, that is nice for longer-term files. I think that feature is what gives it the nudge for ClassicNotes for my purposes. Thanks for the recommend.

It seems to me users have different needs from their note programs, so there isn't one single best choice for everyone. Luckily, there are a several to choose from depending on what feature is most important to you.

Gee, though, wouldn't it be nice if Google Docs worked better from our phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    +1 for Scratch!

Notes also syncs with google docs (automatically, unlike scratch). When you create a note/or edit a note, when you toss the card away, BAM, it uploads to google docs. With scratch, you manually have to choose what notes to upload everytime (I many be wrong, but I'm sure I'm right)
    heh.

Scratch doesn't query google docs every time you close: I don't like apps that do that, myself. I'm a big believer in user control, and improving that sync is on my to-do list.

Scratch's new version (1.3.0, not in catalog yet) does have a few new features that I bet Notes doesn't have: organic word completion and in-file find. It also imports from local html files or public url's, and exports the whole file to google docs, not just a subset of what's on your phone.

Regardless, they're BOTH cheap, and have fairly empassioned devs. I obviously think you should buy Scratch if you only buy one, but since you can buy both for less than $5, why not pick them both up while the sale's on?
    I loved the Palm "Note Pad" because I could draw diagrams to carry with me when looking for something. No replacement I can find.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t