Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    It needs to happen. Yes?
    The only Studio I know from Microsoft is a Visual one.
    No it is so in your face they need to keep web os as the pure elegant OS it already is
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I should expand.

Studio is the cloud service my MS that basically uploads everything to be able to see on any computer. The one redeeming quality of the Kin line is Studio.

Microsoft Kin Studio saves all your phone content to the web (update: video!) -- Engadget
    <edited title to better reflect thread discussion>

Apple has something similar with mobileme:

Apple - MobileMe - Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC. In perfect sync.

I hope HPalm expands upon the default palm profile to offer more functionality like Kin Studio and Mobileme. Hpalm needs to make the Palm profile more than just a backup service. They need to integrate online contact management, multimedia, PIM synchronization, file synch features. Hopefully with all the acquisitions HP has been making recently, they already are developing something along these lines...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No thanks!
    It would be pretty neat to have this functionality. But it would take up alot of data usage, so there should be some options you can turn on and off. For example I either wouldn't want my images synced that I took, or I would want them synced if I'm over Wifi. Do it like the Palm Profile too: you can choose if you want to sync, or if you don't. And it only syncs once a day.
    Kin? Are you kidding me... ? That phone makes waste of space phones look useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Kin? Are you kidding me... ? That phone makes waste of space phones look useful.
    hes talking about the kin studio not the phone .
    If the "studio" is where it shows all your fake friends pic and you can let them know about that gay *** HS musical concert via twitter and all that other garbage social sites then I will keep my original post...
    I think what we're gonna see happening is an explosion of the Palm Profile into a full-fledged cloud-syncing platform complete with an app or even direct OS integration.

See the frontpage for info on HP buying Melodeo. I wouldn't be surprised if you could sync most anything from your phone to your HP cloud, and sync all of it to whatever devices - tablets, PCs, you name it - from there. Just seamless cloud sync. All your stuff is in the cloud so you can access it from wherever you have Internet.
    I think what we're gonna see happening is an explosion of the Palm Profile into a full-fledged cloud-syncing platform complete with an app or even direct OS integration.

See the frontpage for info on HP buying Melodeo. I wouldn't be surprised if you could sync most anything from your phone to your HP cloud, and sync all of it to whatever devices - tablets, PCs, you name it - from there. Just seamless cloud sync. All your stuff is in the cloud so you can access it from wherever you have Internet.
    Yes! Absolutely....on my previous wimo phone, I had something similar in DashWire. It backed up all my photos, videos, contacts, calendar, ringtones and SMS messages when the phone had an idle 3G connection. It was awesome. You could even use web interface on a pc to edit photos and push them back to your phone as well as compose SMS text on the pc and send them through a push to your phone....even set ringtones from the pc and push play them to your phone. Just a great service....
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

I hope this comes true... Though I agree there should be options for users to sync their data or not...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions