1.    #1  
    Hey. Looks like HP/Palm may have already released all of their manufacturing reservations for their webOS phones.

It would also seem that HP may not have any plans to produce ANY phone centric devices through CY2011. Yes, 2011! If true, that would mean no new webOS phones and limited supply (or more likely a sell down) of current handsets.

HP may very well be turning down the webOS phone business sooner rather than later.

Huh?
    Links/facts please? HP does NOT own palm yet, so I doubt they would be able to make any decisions... And Palm won't make any drastic moves in their final month.

Everything up to this point says that in the short term, the existing Palm roadmap will be followed, and in the mid-term, HP plans on webos tablets, and in the long term, HP will be supporting multiple devices, including phones.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Source or it didn't happen.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    deparson? Is this hparsons?
    i declare BS!
    " Palm releases all future manf. capacity...
    It looks like Palm may have just released all of their contract manf. capacity as of 5/1. That would mean that there would be no new Pre/Pixi units built and no plans to build another device in the ~~6 month time frame.

Yes, HP has their own contract manf. firms but tooling up and setting up for a new HW line would take 6-9 months at best.

This would be consistent /w HPs statement that they have no short term plans for any new Palm hardware."

This dude posted this BS about 2 months ago too... just saying
  8.    #8  
    Chill, if this were all public and locked down you could find it on Palm's and/or HP's press release pages A lot of people here don't want to wait for the 'official' word on stuff like this.

Yes, this was reported some weeks ago but please keep in mind that the relationships between the brands (Palm, HP, etc) and their in-house and contract manf. firms is complex and ever changing. My previous post related to Palm's contract manf. relationships only. Not HP's.

Now that HP is playing a much bigger role we have to look at their intent in addition to Palm's and my post in this thread was intending to address that. I am sorry that I can't provide 'proof' but I hope that you understand that in cases like this where no public announcement has been made and may never me made that is just not possible.

Finally, even though the merger is not closed please understand that Palm is not going to be buying new flowers for the lobby without HP's agreement little lone deciding on building a new phone

Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    " Palm releases all future manf. capacity...
    It looks like Palm may have just released all of their contract manf. capacity as of 5/1. That would mean that there would be no new Pre/Pixi units built and no plans to build another device in the ~~6 month time frame.

Yes, HP has their own contract manf. firms but tooling up and setting up for a new HW line would take 6-9 months at best.

This would be consistent /w HPs statement that they have no short term plans for any new Palm hardware."

This dude posted this BS about 2 months ago too... just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    deparson? Is this hparsons?
    That once crossed my mind too, lol, but they think too differently.
    I could really use some new hardware. My Pre is starting to have some issues. I did fix the USB crack though... I just finished drilling in to it. The crack will never reach the screen now. The life of my Pre has been prolonged.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    doesn't htc manufacture hp ipaq phones?
    anything longer than the next three months to release a new phone, i think will be a failure in palm or hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    anything longer than the next three months to release a new phone, i think will be a failure in palm or hp.
    or it could be a strategic move.

without hp's money and buying power (ie bargining) palm would have a near insurmountable task to bring a truly bar setting new device to market with scale and competitive price.

however add hp with resources to best HTC/RIMM and match apple google nokia or microsoft, and suddenly the thought of hp and palm going holding out to make a real undeniable if only for a few months, best smartphone on the market* and I think it would be excusable for them to take just a little extra time.

that said palm has said they were already rolling with there prior roadmap, so who knows.

* the only place where they could nt concievably pull this off is in the specific area of shear app count. They could definitely compete in app quality and function however, and as the market matures this seems to bear itself out in the skyrocket sales of android starting last holiday season.