1. nigallin
    When I travel out of network, I use wifi to leach internet for gchat, email, facebook, twitter, basic web browsing, etc (Verizon Pre Plus). The network strength is often spotty and sometimes causes Messaging to hang (pinwheel?) on the "Signing in..." screen, swiping the app closed and reopening it has no effect (because it is still running in the background?). Even once I get a solid connection, Messaging won't connect unless I reset the phone. I've searched pretty extensively because I thought there was a "force quite" keyboard command, but I haven't found anything. I noticed some chatter on the subject of a possible task manager in a future webOS update *shutter* but I was wondering if there was a solution to the problem currently in place.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I'm having the exact same issue. Is there no news on this? I'd love to avoid needing to reboot my phone to reconnect to gchat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. Is there no news on this? I'd love to avoid needing to reboot my phone to reconnect to gchat.
    Have you used JSTOP? (from preware)
    You can swipe messaging to kill the process then restart messaging?

Let us know if it works for you?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Have you used JSTOP? (from preware)
    You can swipe messaging to kill the process then restart messaging?

Let us know if it works for you?
    Thank you for the suggestion; it is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Unfortunately, this didn't work. After killing the process with JsTop, Messaging is still frozen. It behaves exactly as it did before killing Messages: it says I am "offline" but shows me a list of buddies, and it is completely unresponsive when I try to sign in.

Very weird.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I've discovered that you can kill the libpurple process using Xterm, and that has solved the issue for me.