1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm having trouble in the past few days with connecting my Pre via wifi in that I keep getting ipconfig failure.

Its not the password, because that goes through.

I'm thinking that the routing cache table is corrupted and would like to try clearing that and any other table (host table) that I can.

Rebooting does not seem to help.

Thanks!

Rob
    This happens with my home router from time to time, the quickest fix is always a reset of my cable modem and router.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    This happens with my home router from time to time, the quickest fix is always a reset of my cable modem and router.
    Tried that and it happened at several places so far and I'm thinking that I have a corrupted database...specifically the routing table.

Thanks for helping!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I see... well I don't know how you would go about resetting or clearing it... but I believe the file you may need to look at is /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl this is the file that holds your stored networks, passwords, IPs, etc...

Hope you're able to get it working.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    linux it's ifconfig not ipconfig

http://linux.die.net/man/8/ifconfig
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]