Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    if bush was still president, we would have the update by now
    <edited by mod>

So I'm gonna go right ahead and call it: 1.4.5 will hit on Sunday, June 27.
    That's after the shareholder vote on Friday (it's best for them to have the stockholders be depressed about that failure of a company that is Palm so they don't get any silly ideas about holding on to their stock after all) and before July 1, which is when the PDK Hot Apps competition starts.
    In order for it to start, people will have to be able to download PDK apps by general developers (i.e. ones not in the early access program like EA, gameloft etc.); and in order for them to be able to download them safely, webOS needs to sandbox them - which is what's coming in 1.4.5.

Couple that with a good track record of releasing on Sundays and I'm pretty sure I know what the frontpage of www.precentral.net is gonna look like on Sunday.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/04/2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: off-topic
    When has there ever been a Sunday release? I remember Friday nights, Saturday morning, Monday and Tuesdays.
    webos 1.4 I think was a sunday-monday release
    1.4 was a Friday night for Sprint, I very clearly remember that night, LOL.
    Well it's the 28th, still no update (o2 Germany).
    Nothing on Telefonica Spain either.
    It will come "when it's done" (like Duke Nuke'm Fornever)
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    If Bush was still President, both the underwear bomber and the times square bomber would have killed hundreds of people each while BP would be relieved of all responsibility in the Gulf of Mexico. Congress would be debating a constitutional amendment prohibiting the regulation of financial systems. The working poor that's in a factory for 10 hours a day breaking their backs would still have no access to health care while the CEOs of their companies get billion dollar bonuses for playing golf and swapping credit defaults.

But this is no political forum (and I detect more than trace amounts of sarcasm in your post anyway).

So I'm gonna go right ahead and call it: 1.4.5 will hit on Sunday, June 27.
    That's after the shareholder vote on Friday (it's best for them to have the stockholders be depressed about that failure of a company that is Palm so they don't get any silly ideas about holding on to their stock after all) and before July 1, which is when the PDK Hot Apps competition starts.
    In order for it to start, people will have to be able to download PDK apps by general developers (i.e. ones not in the early access program like EA, gameloft etc.); and in order for them to be able to download them safely, webOS needs to sandbox them - which is what's coming in 1.4.5.

Couple that with a good track record of releasing on Sundays and I'm pretty sure I know what the frontpage of www.precentral.net is gonna look like on Sunday.
    Your patch predictions are clearly as acurate as your political analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Your patch predictions are clearly as acurate as your political analysis.
    ohhh that's gotta hurt! LoL!
    Hahaha, O Snap!

Since the two topics are inextricably interconnected, I am trapped in your web of logic - and since I was all of four days off, I suppose that Bush was in fact a great crisis leader, and that financial deregulation and tax cuts for the rich were actually the things our society needed to prepare for the Crash.
    Finally got the update! It was released on July 1st!!!
    still waiting......
    Got mine saturday. But you're not missing much. It seems it really is about PDK sandboxing. Even trivial bugs like not being able to delete PDF documents aren't addressed with this release.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234