1.    #1  
    I've been having trouble with my GPS and they wiped my Pre at the Sprint store. I restored from my Palm profile and it put all my pictures and apps back, which is awesome. I didn't know it does all that. Anyway, I found two pictures of young women on it that I've never seen before in my life. One was pretty cute, the other not. Good thing I found them first or my girlfriend never would've believed me when she found them and I said, "those aren't mine."

This ever happened to anyone else?
    how did they wipe your phone ? palm profile doesnt actually back up pics as far as i know ( maybe maybe not). if you do a full erase then your phone is like new but if you just doctor it well it leaves some stuff on there. but im sure someone else will come along here in a min. and confirm or correct what i have said lol. have a good night . maybe she put them on there to test you or something ha ha . anyways i dont see any other way than you or your girlfriend putting them on there .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Maczealot View Post
    I've been having trouble with my GPS and they wiped my Pre at the Sprint store. I restored from my Palm profile and it put all my pictures and apps back, which is awesome. I didn't know it does all that. Anyway, I found two pictures of young women on it that I've never seen before in my life. One was pretty cute, the other not. Good thing I found them first or my girlfriend never would've believed me when she found them and I said, "those aren't mine."

THIS, my friend, is BRILLIANT!!!

Post on a message board of this weird thing happening and how the GF would never believe it. THEN, when she does find it, you get to say "look! I even made a post about this weeks ago. See?"

brilliant, I say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maczealot View Post

The palm profile does not touch your usb partition so the pic did not come from your profile.
    Are the sprint reps playing hell with you?
    Could they have switched out your pre for a different one and copied your usb across without you knowing?
    Also put the pre in usb mode and click info on the pics, find out when they were created.
    are they all standard pre size?

there was a thread a while back where people had some of what ended up beeing left over promo shots on the camera.

also there are factory test shots in there somewhere.
    It is from one of the apps you installed. Most likely one of the female pic apps.
    Did you find the pic of my bum yet?
    You're not crazy, the same thing happened to me.. Kinda. I added a gmail account, and removed a yahoo email, hit the sync accounts button... Then the next time i sent a text message, I noticed that there were duplicate messages next to random people.. (like send a msg to dave, and the same message shows up on the thread for Dana and Kim.. ugh) So I dig a little deeper, and it looks like my YouMail contacts are all jacked up and mismatched (Name not matching the pic, number not matching the name, just all over the place). So I remove and reinstall my youmail, check the contacts.. delete the duplicate messages, check all the contacts (only have 20 in YouMail) and send some test out... Everything seemed to be back in order, but that text glitch could do some DAMAGE if the wrong message goes out to someone... DAMM ME.. Now I'm all paranoid when I text..

Concerned Day 1 Patched Pre owner
    The "not so cute" one, did she look like the creepy lady? I mean, was the ad burned on your retinas causing you to see her on your phone?

"The other day...... I saw a juggler...... but I was trapped in a phone......"

(just kidding :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Did you find the pic of my bum yet?
    hahaha, that made me laugh out loud. or LOL as I believe the kids are saying these days!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    are they all standard pre size?

there was a thread a while back where people had some of what ended up beeing left over promo shots on the camera.

also there are factory test shots in there somewhere.
    I remember that thread . . . Seems like it was at least a year ago that somebody else reported this, and I think they posted the photos also.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    . . . there was a thread . . . .
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2206570

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    THIS, my friend, is BRILLIANT!!!

Post on a message board of this weird thing happening and how the GF would never believe it. THEN, when she does find it, you get to say "look! I even made a post about this weeks ago. See?"

brilliant, I say!
    I agree... very clever.

hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how did they wipe your phone ? palm profile doesnt actually back up pics as far as i know ( maybe maybe not). if you do a full erase then your phone is like new but if you just doctor it well it leaves some stuff on there. but im sure someone else will come along here in a min. and confirm or correct what i have said lol. have a good night . maybe she put them on there to test you or something ha ha . anyways i dont see any other way than you or your girlfriend putting them on there .
    The CSR said they were going to use WebOS Doctor. I know it's my same phone because there are scuff marks on the top from where I dropped it. And I'm still having the exact same problem with my GPS that it Docoring it was supposed to fix. I gotta go and pick up my replacement phone when I get the chance.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The palm profile does not touch your usb partition so the pic did not come from your profile.
    Are the sprint reps playing hell with you?
    Could they have switched out your pre for a different one and copied your usb across without you knowing?
    Also put the pre in usb mode and click info on the pics, find out when they were created.
    I know it's the same phone because there are scuff marks on the top from where I dropped it. That's a good idea looking at the dates on the pictures. I already deleted one but I still have the other. The girls in the pictures don't look like anybody in the store, and they certainly weren't taken in the store or the factory. They could've been from one of my apps but I've never seen them before, and the girls apps usually set it as the wallpaper not just download them.
  16.    #16  
    I read that thread, thanks for finding it for me. It sounds very similar to what happened to me. It's very strange.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I remember that thread . . . Seems like it was at least a year ago that somebody else reported this, and I think they posted the photos also.
    yeah I tried to look at the pictures that person posted but they've been taken down.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    The "not so cute" one, did she look like the creepy lady? I mean, was the ad burned on your retinas causing you to see her on your phone?

"The other day...... I saw a juggler...... but I was trapped in a phone......"

(just kidding :P)
    Actually the creepy lady was kinda hot. This one, not so much.
    I have had two occasions where I web Doctored my phone and wiped the entire phone. After the start-up, my phones pictures and apps were all restored with the expected Google information.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    So my guess on this is that the tech that doctored it backed up everything first then copied it back and perhaps they use the same directory to back things up. It's possible that a couple of stray photos from a previous backup were still left behind when they backed up yours. (btw I have no idea how sprint actually does things behind the scenes btw)

- Phil -