Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It seems that my SMS app doesn't like some of my contacts and won't launch from either the launcher or the Contacts app. I can't even execute sending an SMS message directly from the SMS app itself for those contacts.

I'm at a total loss...

Thank you in advance.

-Lee
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leescharf View Post
    It seems that my SMS app doesn't like some of my contacts and won't launch from either the launcher or the Contacts app. I can't even execute sending an SMS message directly from the SMS app itself for those contacts.

I'm at a total loss...

Thank you in advance.

-Lee
    Maybe the certain contact profile doesn't have a number for the user?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pobthemaster10 View Post
    Maybe the certain contact profile doesn't have a number for the user?
    huh?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leescharf View Post
    huh?
    When you open a contact does it have their # in it? The one you use to communicate with them? get it?
    any messaging patches installed?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pobthemaster10 View Post
    When you open a contact does it have their # in it? The one you use to communicate with them? get it?
    umm... yeah. of course there's phone # there. And it's even designated as a Mobile #.
    This is happening to me too...just with a couple of my contacts. Very strange indeed. The mobile number is there in the contact too. Have tried deleting the contact and re-entering it and same things happened! Can't even receive an SMS from these "ghost" contacts which adds to the frustration!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    This is happening to me too...just with a couple of my contacts. Very strange indeed. The mobile number is there in the contact too. Have tried deleting the contact and re-entering it and same things happened! Can't even receive an SMS from these "ghost" contacts which adds to the frustration!!
    Thats very very odd.. Hmm I haven't had any of these problems. Maybe it has to do with the carrier? Network problems?
    Is the full 10 digit number there? You may be getting a bad number from Facebook or other source.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    Is the full 10 digit number there? You may be getting a bad number from Facebook or other source.
    yes.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    any messaging patches installed?
    Just 'character counter' and 'compose to email'
    just a thought and there shouldn't be any issues with those two patches, but try uninstalling those patches and see if that fixes your problem.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Yeah... exactly. So weird, right?! I am just not trying to uninstall those couple of messaging patches to see if that solves the issue...

Nope. Same weirdness sans patches...
    Craziness. So if you create a new contact with a bogus name, but use that specific number, all txt messages fail? Do you get a failure message of any kind?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    Craziness. So if you create a new contact with a bogus name, but use that specific number, all txt messages fail? Do you get a failure message of any kind?
    Well... haven't tried that - but according to 'chizler' presumably yes.

And... no. No failure message...
    I have the timestamp patch, SMS Tones per Contact, SMS Vibrate to 2 second patches installed thats it. Have had them installed for months. Just deleted and re-entered the contact again and even spelled name a bit different. When I pull up an new SMS and find this contact, it enters the name as normal. I then enter my SMS and hit send....after hitting send, the SMS just disappears. The new SMS screend just stays empty with the contact name at top with no message sent, as if I had never entered the message!!! Drivin me nuts!!!
    I've had this happen before about a month ago and have also created a thread about it... it seems to be a weird phenomenon that only a few of us seem to have encountered and the ONLY fix seems to be to webOS Doctor it... which is a total pain.

I've just recently found out that it's been happening to me again as a friend would call me after repeatedly sending me texts without getting a reply from me. In fact, I'm not receiving any texts from that contact.

I wish there was an actual fix for this issue! I don't want to have to reinstall webOS every month because SMS texting is broken...
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    I've had this happen before about a month ago and have also created a thread about it... it seems to be a weird phenomenon that only a few of us seem to have encountered and the ONLY fix seems to be to webOS Doctor it... which is a total pain.

I've just recently found out that it's been happening to me again as a friend would call me after repeatedly sending me texts without getting a reply from me. In fact, I'm not receiving any texts from that contact.

I wish there was an actual fix for this issue! I don't want to have to reinstall webOS every month because SMS texting is broken...

OK I Have this exact same issue happening. When I had a number in my dialer, not saved and I tried to SMS it it would not let me. I had to erase everything and start again. It's still happening with another number. I don't know if it's happening with another contact or not.

The contact you don't receive texts from... can you text that person or no?

When I try to text it doesn't show the message as sent and after I do send it, if I continue to type, it won't show the paper plane icon.
    That's what happened to me the last time. This time, it seems like I CAN text that person... but when that person texts me back several times, I don't seem to receive ANY of them.

I've called Sprint earlier today about it and the tech support person had me turn off the phone, pull the battery out, wait a bit, then start up and go to Phone app, Preferences, and Update Network Settings. This didn't seem to help... so I don't think this is a network issue and more likely an issue with webOS. I'll contact Palm about this and see if they have an answer...
    Anyone made any progress on this SMS bug? Still an issue for me...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast