Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Anyone made any progress on this SMS bug? Still an issue for me...
    Unfortunately... no! Total let-down.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Update: happened to me and Sprint knows about and even had a higher level support agent call me so I would rate his level two agent poorly for forcing a full restore.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    i would delete whatever contacts are messing up then back up your phone via the backup app and then input the contact again and back up the phone again, this may work .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Anyone made any progress on this SMS bug? Still an issue for me...
    there seems to be some progress in another thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...y-contact.html

Quote Originally Posted by grabber5.0 View Post
    I still have more checking to do, but here is what I have found so far. I enabled developer mode to get at the log files. I monitored the messaging log while trying to send a text to that number, and this was written out from the back-end java process:
    Quote:
    [20101030-13:23:15.967150] error: Error: service request: Service Method Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: 16) 877-9999
    (number changed to protect the innocent ). Note the first two characters of the formatted number are missing.
    I have the same exact issue with my pre+ (att). Just doctored in 1.4.5 and guess what?
    The issue is...................

.........still there! LOL! I will attempt the 2.1 upgrade soon..
    I think I'm suffering the same: A couple of days ago, I tried to send an SMS to a directly typed nine digit phone number. No luck, three times: The messaging app showed the spinnig circle for nearly a minute, and then no new thread nor anything. Yesterday I asked somebody to send me an SMS and, as expected, it never arrived.

Shockingly, this morning I've successfully sent an SMS, to a contact's fully quelified number (format "+34 6nnnnnnnn"). I'm waiting for his e-mail reply, if he actually received it.

Changes? Well, four days ago I changed contract details with my operator, for a lower montly fee for the same services (internet included). It's true that, in these days, I've started prewaring, but I've installed no apps or patches remotely related to messaging.

I'll test my SIM card into a regular phone, to check if my Pre 3 is really to blame.
    Sorry for the delay, but the problem went away after a full power cycle. Doh!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12