1.    #1  
    ok, so i lost my first pre, and got a replacement, after the deductible. got it yesterday, got it activated, set up the profile, etc. (btw, i'm with verizon).

web worked, but only after typing in url. no app catalog. "the action could not be performed. please try again later." again and again and again.

so, i called tech support. walked me through dialing in for an update, then went to updates icon, downloaded 1.4.1.1., and when it restarted, over half an hour ago, it froze with the white "palm" on the black screen. Absolutely nothing since.

Anybody know what the h is going on? i'm taking it in to verizon store tomorrow, but this is ridiculous! five times i called tech support. i finally had to tell them to tell me what i need to do, so i could write it down, because i have no other phone, and can't do it at the same time. jeez.
    Hi there. No worries.. That sometimes happen during an update. Run webos doctor and problem fix. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstratton View Post
    ok, so i lost my first pre, and got a replacement, after the deductible. got it yesterday, got it activated, set up the profile, etc. (btw, i'm with verizon).

web worked, but only after typing in url. no app catalog. "the action could not be performed. please try again later." again and again and again.

so, i called tech support. walked me through dialing in for an update, then went to updates icon, downloaded 1.4.1.1., and when it restarted, over half an hour ago, it froze with the white "palm" on the black screen. Absolutely nothing since.

Anybody know what the h is going on? i'm taking it in to verizon store tomorrow, but this is ridiculous! five times i called tech support. i finally had to tell them to tell me what i need to do, so i could write it down, because i have no other phone, and can't do it at the same time. jeez.
    Think this will be of help. Make sure your phone has charge.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover
    Try doing a battery pull for 15 minutes, if it boots after that, do a partial erase, Device Info > Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data, Reboot and login again and you should be ok.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation