Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    So my wife actually said to me the other day, "Your phone really has helped you be more organized with the kids and everything else." *Shock* You see, I am a forgetful guy, and I have never found a system that worked great. My Treo 755 was close, and this Pre has sent it over the top. Teh fact that ti now syncs up to the google calendars that my family now uses extensively has been a godsend. But it isn't there 100% yet.

My thoughts on some Calendar enhancements that would make this the best thing ever for me personally (in otherwords, just thinking out loud):

- Ability to select an address from a contact as the location on an event in the calendar, so I don't have to retype them every time.
    - Ability to invite (this dead horse has been beat elsewhere)
    - Have the contacts app actually sync the birthdays I enter in Google contacts and have those automatically flow into the calendar app. (This way I only enter the birthdays I care about).
    - integrate universal search intot he calendar so that when I am in the calendar, I can just start typing some words and it would show a list of calendar events that fit the search criteria.
    - Tasks integration. I like RTM here, but if they could make the tasks app more robust and integrate it into the calendar, that would be fine with me.
    - Tags / Categories. Tags would be better, as I can use multiple tags on an event in the calendar. Then I could search on tags as well (with the universal search I noted above, like "tag:doctor")
    - quick add capability, without having to go through the scroll whell of date selection
    - following on from the previous one, why can't the date selection be an actual calendar? It should be.
    - file handler - Ability to import *.ics files into the calendar to create events. (My wife emailed me an itinerary for her business travel this week, and it had two *.ics files for the outgoing and return flights. Had to enter them manually. I travel MUCH more often and want to be able to upload my stuff more easily.)
    - An Agenda View! This is HUGE. I know its been said a million times, but I am stunned this was overlooked in the initial release. I think there is an app for this now, but it should be launched fromt he calendar app as its own card.

So that's my list. Liek I said, I think this calendar stuff is great on the Pre, but it is lacking some key points. I have tried searching on all of the above, but haven't had much luck.

Comments or thoughts are appreciated.
    Have you already installed UberCalendar patch and the Agenda application? Those things make the calendar better.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just read about the Uber Calendar patch, and have seen the Agenda app. On my way to do both and try them out.
    make sure you are overclocking, otherwise calendar will slow down
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    make sure you are overclocking, otherwise calendar will slow down
    Oh yeah. Rocking the 800MHz.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    UberCalendar is not installing. Have some research to do.

I will say it looks cool, but there are still holes in functionality based on what I noted in my first post.