1.    #1  
    Download it, take a look, and tell us what you think here!
    Just downloaded it. Discovered the app via Google News alerts. Pretty spiffy.

Will there be new categories besides the main three, or am I not looking in the right place?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    no love for canada?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

Will there be new categories besides the main three, or am I not looking in the right place?
    Scroll down man... LOL There are several categories if you scroll
    All I got are: "Social Apps," "News," "Golfing Greatness" and "Casual Games." Are there more?
  6.    #6  
    I have...

• Gameloft
    • Social Apps
    • EA Games
    • News
    • Glu Games
    • Golfing Greatness
    • X-Plane and More
    • Casual Games

I'm on Sprint... are you on a different carrier? Not sure why there would be different items showing unless you were in the UK... but I see you're in CA. Hmmmmm
    It's alright I guess. I didn't really see anything I wasn't already aware of - of course I'm one of those obsessive, compulsive types who loads Preware and the App Catalog several times a day to see if there is anything new.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    It's alright I guess. I didn't really see anything I wasn't already aware of - of course I'm one of those obsessive, compulsive types who loads Preware and the App Catalog several times a day to see if there is anything new.
    LOL
    I'm just hoping that they take this from a stand-alone app to incorporating it directly into the App Catalog with the next update. Right now the 'hot apps' function in there is kinda useless since it ranks an app as 'hot' if the developer gives it a 5 star rating themselves.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Is Google News Alerts an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by fed123 View Post
    Is Google News Alerts an app?
    Good question. I just get it off the Web:

Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have...

• Gameloft
    • Social Apps
    • EA Games
    • News
    • Glu Games
    • Golfing Greatness
    • X-Plane and More
    • Casual Games

I'm on Sprint... are you on a different carrier? Not sure why there would be different items showing unless you were in the UK... but I see you're in CA. Hmmmmm
    I'm on Sprint as well. Still just have the four categories.
    App is nice, but I would like to see the Newsweek app in the "News" section. And isn't this app doing what the app store itself ought to be doing?

That said, I gotta say that I like the look of the 8 main category buttons. Nice looking design on those. Well done.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    How does this app decides what shows up? Does it use the rating or number of downloads?
    I'm on Sprint as well. Still just have the four categories.
    Same here. Must be a regional thing?

Hopefully this is a prelude to an app store overhaul. I really like the aesthetics of this app.