Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I was checking our our websites Google Analytics and decided to check out which mobile phones were accessing our site.

iPhone Check
    Android Check
    BlackBerry Check
    iPad Check

Now since I am a PALM webOS user, I know I've surfed my own website.

I guess its hard for Palm to get any market share, if no one is TRACKING Palm web surfing
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That's frustrating, since I'll occasionally go out of my way to use my Pre to go to some websites, just to be sure we're showing up on the radar.
    Just curious... Do you have the patch that makes your Pre appear to be an iphone installed?
    Actually, the metrics may be so small that it doesn't include them in the analytics.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Well I didn't want to admit how few visits our site had but to prove that Analytics shows small visit data

iPhone
    11 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
    Android
    6 1.83 00:04:32 100.00% 83.33%
    BlackBerry
    6 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
    iPad
    1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    One other thing I noticed:

at the website: thismachine DOT info What browser am I using? Which Operating System am I running?

Here is the response:
    My browser is Safari 532.2

Unknown Platform

I think the Palm WebOs browser isn't telling anyone its a Palm WEBos.
    This is what my user string looks like on my Pre:

Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.1.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0

At least it says "Pre" somewhere lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.1.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0

Are you using the iPhone spoof patch?
  10. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'm finishing up building my personal website and added analytics tracking code. As I was testing and playing around with the site on my phone to make sure it worked properly on a smartphone, I noticed the same thing the OP did. It's not being seen as WebOS in analytics.

Instead it reports:
    Operating System: (not set)
    Browser: Safari 532.2
    Screen Resolution: 320x480
    Flash: (not set)

And it does not even appear in the Mobile Device/Carrier list.

I know for a fact this is my Pre as nothing else would have that data set, and no, I am not using the iPhone spoof patch.

EDIT: I've added the link to the topic I made on the analytics forums: Palm WebOS not being tracked by Analytics - Google Analytics Help
    Last edited by Cin; 06/27/2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added Google Analytics forum link
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Many people use GA to plan what they will support, and misrepresenting an OS, much less one which is in competition with Google's own Android is a serious issue.
    I love that closing line. Thought I don't think ANYONE from Google reads their own forums.
  12. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Eh, I figured I needed to end strongly :P

But yeah. Could be worse. Microsoft's support forums skim three words, give you a tutorial on how to do painfully obvious ****, and mark the bug as resolved.

My favorite was a guy noting that jumping forward and back using hotkeys doesn't work in the latest WMP unless you click the seek bar and it's still visible, making it useless. He was sent a tutorial on how to click windows to bring them into focus in the OS :P
    I've seen PalmOS show up in my analytics as "Blazer".
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Are you using the iPhone spoof patch?
    Sorry for the extremely late reply. I kinda forgot this thread existed.

No, I am not using the iphone spoof.
    Looking at the Google Analytics report for my site, WebOS doesn't show up either. I know for a fact people have been accessing my site from their Pre/Pixi (including myself)... Oh well.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Mine too
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    this is really late, but i think its pretty sweet our browser is built off of safari. to me, the pre is an iphone killer, I see many more pre's today then when I originally got my phone in feb.
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Cryin out loud.... now I have to check my clients website stats. How poor of Google. There is only 1,000 webos users in the world... we aren't going to hurt your stats
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    LOL, I am fairly sure it isn't for lack of users that Pre and Pixi isn't listed because yesterday this showed up in my system.

Konqueror, since our websites content manager is old and sucky I have to test each new page in Firefox, IE, and Safari just to make sure it all the OK (never the same, but OK is the best I can hope for).

Anyways, to find a browser I never heard of I figured better test it out. Konqueror is basically a linux only browser, and even IT shows up on Analytic.

I feel the TROUBLE is the PALM string is to generic to get the attention of the analytic reports.
    I just checked my job's Analytics and under Browsers, I was able to find Blazer and under Operating Systems I found PalmOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast