Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    If I uninstall an application on my Pre, does it delete any temporary files the app may have generated? I've no idea if any apps create temporary files, or even permanent files, like settings, databases etc. Do I need to worry about this? Thanks
    I'm going to say 'yes' but let others chime in!

I know I have some stuff like Family Medical History, and if I delete the program and re-install it, I have to enter my data all over again.

Rob

Update: Try using Save/Restore app available from Preware!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i think this is true for Apps, but not so for patches (at least 1 for sure).

i use the SMS tone per contact patch and I have uninstalled and reinstalled it before and it remembers the tones i had previsouly set for contacts, so the setting must be saved somewhere in the phone.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    It depends upon the app, I believe. Sometimes apps will not uninstall cleanly. I've found residual files sitting in the usr/palm/applications directory long after the app was off my phone.

I wish this wasn't the case, since it means the longer my phone goes without a Full erase the more junk it accumulates.
    The advantage to a *nix system is that the junk isn't loaded into memory - unlike crap in a windows registry.

Not saying it's good form by any means - just that it shouldn't alter the useability of the phone over time as is the case in the MS world.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    It depends upon the app, I believe. Sometimes apps will not uninstall cleanly. I've found residual files sitting in the usr/palm/applications directory long after the app was off my phone.

I wish this wasn't the case, since it means the longer my phone goes without a Full erase the more junk it accumulates.
    I know the Weather Icon app leaves a folder full of images on your pre.