Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So Any other update on this? I haven't doctored my phone. It has been missing bookmarks and history for about 3 weeks now. Even after updating webos it still stayed the same.
    I've got a new issue, don't know if it's related, but now I can't add new bookmarks. Anybody else have this problem or know what to do other than making a launcher page?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I've got a new issue, don't know if it's related, but now I can't add new bookmarks. Anybody else have this problem or know what to do other than making a launcher page?
    It's related, I have the same issue. No solution yet, but might try the repair utility as RUSH suggested.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Although I don't have an update on if and when this issue will be addressed by Palm, I do want to state that although I don't work within the depths of Palm that work on putting out these fixes I have to think that even if a fix was to come, I don't think it would restore missing bookmarks, it would fix the issue from occurring again, but like I said I can't say for sure, so don't hold me to that.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #45  
    Don't really care about missing bookmarks at this point, but it would be nice to be able to add new ones (which I still can't).

Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I figured out what doctoring was..

Anyway, I did it and it worked, bookmarks work, and so does google maps. Didn't lose my music or pics either, just apps. Didn't have that many anyway.
    I've already ran the webos repair utility, It didn't find any corrupt files related to web browser app. I intend to run the webos repair utility on web browser app to restore the files, but does anyone knows how to run it in this specific app?, or wich files should I restore?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    I had this problem too. But powering the device off than on seemed to remedy the problem. It has not happened again.
    had this happen today
    quoted fix works for me too - still weird though
    Had this problem today. Bookmarks page blank.

Did a battery pull restart and they came back.

Complication - Would not boot until I plugged in the USB cord.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

Same here, bookmarks gone, couldn't add new ones. Battery pull restart and they've come back, no complications so far
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, they come back after reboot, but they disappear again.
  12. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

Got the same proble yesterday. After reading this forum, I did a re-start and the bookmarks came back.
    However, this is getting me nervous...

Question: is there a way to back-up the bookmarks somehow, either using Internalz , USB cable, or otherwise ????

Thanks

LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Yes, they come back after reboot, but they disappear again.
    So far so good, they're still there, just hope I'm not speaking too soon. What I did was to disable the overclocking, which is the only thing I could think of (since I also had a few other problems like freezings in the past few weeks). I can't put blame on anything of course, I'm just saying which steps I'm taking, hopefully if eveybody shares we'll find the cause.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  14. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    So far so good, they're still there, just hope I'm not speaking too soon. What I did was to disable the overclocking, which is the only thing I could think of (since I also had a few other problems like freezings in the past few weeks). I can't put blame on anything of course, I'm just saying which steps I'm taking, hopefully if eveybody shares we'll find the cause.
    Hi crowning73,
    I would be very surprised that overclocking is the problem, because I dont overclock my device and I got the problem anyway (only once mind you)

LWI
    From what I have found out is there is an issue with syncing to the cloud. The best fix is to perform a partial erase of data and apps and then resync your phone and your accounts. This should permanently fix this issue. ** Make sure to manually backup your device before performing the partial erase **
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I don't believe, that this is a permanent fix, same with reboot.

I migrated my 1.4.5 profile to the new Pre 2 and this is similar to en erase of the device.

And I got still the issue after a few days.
  17. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    Got the same proble yesterday. After reading this forum, I did a re-start and the bookmarks came back.
    However, this is getting me nervous...

Question: is there a way to back-up the bookmarks somehow, either using Internalz , USB cable, or otherwise ????

Thanks

LWI
    got my answer by myself
    Save/Restore app. And you can also backup the S/R result to your PC
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    Last edited by LWI; 01/09/2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Hmm, I found myself in the same situation, suddenly no bookmark display, no history, can't add new bookmark. After a while digging on google, and found no solution, I'm thinking of deleting the
    bookmark manually, as I thought, maybe the browser's data folder got corrupted.
    Here is what I did:
    - Start internalz, browsing into /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.browser_0/ and DELETE everything in there. On the safer side, you could backup everything in there first.
    - Similarly, browse to /var/luna/data/browser and DELETE folder "icons"
    - Restart the device. It should start with a new, empty bookmark, and bingo, it's working again, the history also.
    Hope this will help someone with Webos 1.4.5 like mine.

Brgds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilis99 View Post
    Hmm, I found myself in the same situation, suddenly no bookmark display, no history, can't add new bookmark. After a while digging on google, and found no solution, I'm thinking of deleting the
    bookmark manually, as I thought, maybe the browser's data folder got corrupted.
    Here is what I did:
    - Start internalz, browsing into /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.browser_0/ and DELETE everything in there. On the safer side, you could backup everything in there first.
    - Similarly, browse to /var/luna/data/browser and DELETE folder "icons"
    - Restart the device. It should start with a new, empty bookmark, and bingo, it's working again, the history also.
    Hope this will help someone with Webos 1.4.5 like mine.

Brgds.
    Hey. I copied to files to a temp location & then restarted, then opened the browser, closed it, recopied the files back, restarted, then all my bookmarks showed up, a day later and they're gone again. With the show bookmarks patch for 2.1 it only shows some of the bookmarks in the list, but all show in the just type search. Hopefully a later release of 2.x will fix it.
    Been having this problem since migrating my profile to the Pre2 from the Pre. I just activated that same Palm Profile on my Veer today ... And still no bookmarks. They still show up in a search but the list is invisible.

Profile issue?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast