Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    So nothing we can do for the time being to be able to create bookmarks?

(I'm using the Memos app right now to list URLs I need to tap to access, and universal search works pretty well to find something in Google or Wikipedia).
    Nope, I have to be able to dig into the log files. I would ask not to do any further troubleshooting at this time though, because I may want to get more detailed log files though, I'll know more once I'm able to actually dig into those files though.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has brought you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    So nothing we can do for the time being to be able to create bookmarks?

(I'm using the Memos app right now to list URLs I need to tap to access, and universal search works pretty well to find something in Google or Wikipedia).

I just created an extra launcher page and made it so that I bring up my launcher, swipe right and there are all my bookmarks. Works fine for now.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I just created an extra launcher page and made it so that I bring up my launcher, swipe right and there are all my bookmarks. Works fine for now.
    That's actually a great idea and I thought of doing something like that, but I'm using 9 launcher pages already so adding another page to the mix would be a little much.

Universal search straight to Google or Wikipedia is what I do most of the time anyway.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I doctored my phone and this problem was fixed. It was never doctored before, got it from sprint 1.4.1.1 so maybe that had to do with it
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I had this problem too. But powering the device off than on seemed to remedy the problem. It has not happened again.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    I had this problem too. But powering the device off than on seemed to remedy the problem. It has not happened again.
    I wish that solution would work for me but no luck
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I also tried the webos repair utility and unfortunately still no bookmarks. soo annoying.
    i also think it has something to do with the saverestore and prebackup utility.
    this happened to me a few days ago. I'm happy to report that a reboot restored everything. I do have a separate but odd bookmark issue. All but about 6 of them lack any image associated with the website - just a blue ribbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    this happened to me a few days ago. I'm happy to report that a reboot restored everything. I do have a separate but odd bookmark issue. All but about 6 of them lack any image associated with the website - just a blue ribbon.
    try clicking on the bookmark and then letting the page fully load. This is what worked for me, but the page had to fully lead 1st.
    HBZ:
    What is your e-mail so I can also send a log? I am having the same problem as Jeff, have minimal patches on my phone and this occurred last night before the recent download (download of latest Web OS did not fix the problems, neither did hard re-start)
    Thanks
    Karen
    that's funny, while I had to Doctor (bookmarks were now able to be saved, but were erased), my dad's bookmarks came back after the update. Very very interesting!!
    What all did that encompass. I loaded the patch to allow me to create an extra launcher page, but what from there? I really would like access to my bookmarks as I use them in critical situations where I need one touch access to several bits of info on several sites to make a good decision when time is of the essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    worked for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    worked for me too.
    Thanks for your reply. Tried that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfrey View Post
    What all did that encompass. I loaded the patch to allow me to create an extra launcher page, but what from there? I really would like access to my bookmarks as I use them in critical situations where I need one touch access to several bits of info on several sites to make a good decision when time is of the essence.
    when you have the launcher up, swipe down on the top left hand corner to bring down the menu, select "add page" .....when you are looking at a web page that you would like to bookmark, Swipe down on the same area, and select "page > add to launcher"

I'm kinda in a hurry.....hope I described it correctly for ya.
    when you have the launcher up, swipe down on the top left hand corner to bring down the menu, select "add page" .....when you are looking at a web page that you would like to bookmark, Swipe down on the same area, and select "page > add to launcher"

I'm kinda in a hurry.....hope I described it correctly for ya.
    Thanks Hernie,

Described well enough to do it. Good Alternative!
    any updates on a solution to this that doesn't involve doctoring?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. Will try restart.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Restarted a couple times, no change. I also notice my google maps does not work, just loads to a blank white page.

What exactly is doctoring? Anything else I can do?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast