1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I'm an original iPhone user and I'm looking to switch to a webOS phone. What would you say about this and what Palm phone should I get? Choose from any!

Thanks, Shane
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    if you like at&t, get the Palm Pre Plus. Visit precentral.net often. Look into homebrew, preware, etc. Browse forums. Ask questions. People are nice.

reviews: http://www.precentral.net/reviews

Homebrew:
    http://bit.ly/csJuxB

I am sure you will get lots of help. Browse through the main blog, and you'll learn a lot.
    I'd wait if I were you . Now might not be the best time to get a Pre.
    Yeah, I agree with mmcnamara43, wait until Palm and HP introduce their new WebOS phone. It might take awhile, but you should be able to pass the time by playing with iOS 4.
    question is what carrier do you want to be on?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    If you want one NOW, get a Pre Plus from the carrier of your choice; the pixi is more of a blackberry alternative.

If you want to wait a few months, Palm has something new in the pipeline that they will announce at some point after the merger is completed. Then you could either get the new, faster device OR if you don't like it, get the Pre Plus for cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneBunting View Post
    I'm an original iPhone user
    Did you not upgrade even once? Why not?

I'm looking to switch to a webOS phone.
    Why?

What would you say about this
    Asinine! But why should you care?

what Palm phone should I get?
    What are you looking for in a phone? What do you not like about the iPhone that you kept it for three years and did not upgrade? Why do you want a Palm phone in particular, but seem to know so little about them? You provide no information, yet ask for technical advice. One post. Something smells fishy.

Choose from any!Thanks, Shane
    What does that even mean? You couldn't have made this look more like BS if you tried.
    It depends. Why are you considering moving away from iPhone? Then we can tell you if your situation is going to improve with any Palm phone. I can tell you that I switched from an iPhone 3G to a Palm Pre on Sprint, and for various reasons I am REALLY looking forward to switching back to an iPHone 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Did you not upgrade even once? Why not?

Why?

Asinine! But why should you care?

What are you looking for in a phone? What do you not like about the iPhone that you kept it for three years and did not upgrade? Why do you want a Palm phone in particular, but seem to know so little about them? You provide no information, yet ask for technical advice. One post. Something smells fishy.

What does that even mean? You couldn't have made this look more like BS if you tried.
    ***??? Why would someone BS about a simple question like this? He's looking to move from one platform to another and asked for opinions... what could possibly look suspicious about this to you? To what nefarious end could his post have been aimed???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    ***??? Why would someone BS about a simple question like this?
    Starting a flame war can really pick up a slow weekend. It is easy to recognize the tactic when you read as many boards as I do. This is not a sincere question for all the reasons I pointed out, and more. Don't know what the OP is playing at. Perhaps he can address it himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Starting a flame war can really pick up a slow weekend. It is easy to recognize the tactic when you read as many boards as I do. This is not a sincere question for all the reasons I pointed out, and more. Don't know what the OP is playing at. Perhaps he can address it himself.
    Comments like "asinine" are what start flame wars.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  12.    #12  
    iOS 4 won't be supported on the original iPhone
    Can't wait for my Pré!
  13.    #13  
    Thanks man!
    Can't wait for my Pré!
  14.    #14  
    There's no need, I'm just trying to get some help.
    Can't wait for my Pré!
    get a Pre+. I really like mine. I have an iPod Touch to compare. Other than having some cool apps, the Pre is better in every way.