1.    #1  
    I've played with the Iphone 3GS, HTC EVO 4G and other Adroid phones but those operating systems don't appeal to me at all. Feels like I've been put in a jail cell when using another OS. The non-intrusive notifications and multi-tasking of WebOS have me spoiled. Especially with Sprint's unbeatable voice/text/data plans ($99 Simply Everything). So I'm seriously hoping that it doesn't all end with this HP aquisition. That would be a shame!

What's with all these developers leaving Palm for Apple and Google?

Any word on the release date for 1.4.5?

The one feature that I'm really looking for is GROUP CONTACTS! I know, I know, there's a "super contact" app for that but it's not the same. Even my children's pre-paid phones are able to group their contacts! What's up with that?!

Anyways, with some beefed up hardware.. WebOS would rule the world in my opinion. =)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    HP's been silent. Maybe they'll start talking after the acquisition.
    I've been more enthusiastic about WebOS than I am right now. In fact, there are problems with it that I was expecting that would be solved more quickly.

Despite of the app loading time that its an abuse, I would like to have some features that are missing:

Contacts:
    Sync groups and birthdays with google
    Sync birthdays with calendar

Messaging:
    Group messages

Calendar:
    Something more like the Ubercallendar patch

Tasks:
    Sync tasks with google

-Fast way to end calls when the phone app is still loading!!!
    -Send files by Bluetooth
    -Standalone GPS (Turn by turn by google would be a nice free alt)
    -Full access to app catalog in all EU
    Palm is waiting for the hype of EVO and iPhone 4 to die down before they jump the shark and throw their hands in the air about a new phone. Everyone knows that there is a phone in testing, but it's only a matter of time before they release it.

WebOS mainly needs to benefit from a hardware upgrade as evidenced in the CPU overclocking. My best bet is that they will reveal it around July.

1.4.5 should come out within the next week and 1.5/2.0 should come out in the late summer or early fall (my guess is early fall).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    I've been more enthusiastic about WebOS than I am right now. In fact, there are problems with it that I was expecting that would be solved more quickly.

Despite of the app loading time that its an abuse, I would like to have some features that are missing:

Contacts:
    Sync groups and birthdays with google
    Sync birthdays with calendar

Messaging:
    Group messages 3rd party, if this is a must have for you

Calendar:
    Something more like the Ubercallendar patch

Tasks:
    Sync tasks with google

-Fast way to end calls when the phone app is still loading!!! Swipe out the card
    -Send files by Bluetooth
    -Standalone GPS (Turn by turn by google would be a nice free alt)
    -Full access to app catalog in all EU
    Just saying...
    Never noticed that there's a delay between swiping the card and the ending of the call? There is.

Not practical to use 3rd party when the groups are big and they are already defined in google contacts.