Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
  1. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #41  
    I just types this up. I hope you like it but of course if you have any suggestions feel free to share!


    Hi,
    Did you know that the popular iPhone game Angry Birds was ported to webOS in les then four days? No really…it was! My name is (your name) and I find you’re (game/app) (name of game/app) really awesome! I was wondering if you had any interest in porting (name of game/app) to Palm’s amazing operating system webOS. WebOS is what many experts say is one of the best if not the best operating system on the market. Coming up soon, Palm will be releasing webOS 2. WebOS 2 adds a ton of functionality to an already great operating system. You can read the Engadget review of that here. So enough of how awesome webOS is! Why on earth should you port to it when you already have the iPhone? Three reasons that you should port to webOS is that, there are really great developer tools to help you out, Palm was bought by HP, and money.

    Palm provides developers interested in porting to webOS not only an easy experience but also a quick one. Like I said earlier, the popular iPhone game Angry Birds By Rovio Mobile was ported and tested in less than four days! One main tool that Palm provides to developers is the PDK. Basically, it just makes porting and creating new 3D games and cool apps very easy for you. You can learn more about that here. In reality there is no reason for you not to port. There is really no downside when it comes to porting. If you have any questions about porting you can probably find the answers here.

    On July 1st, 2010 the deal where HP bought Palm for 1.2 billion American dollars was closed. Palm is now a part of HP and HP is now a part of Palm. If you know anything about technology (which I’m guessing you do considering that you develop apps) you know that HP is one of the biggest PC sellers right now. If you integrate an operating system like webOS in to a company that is as successful as HP it sets up that OS for success. HP is putting all of their manpower in to webOS because they know how successful it can be. At CES 2011 HP is expected to release a webOS tablet and one or more great phones that will definitely grow the user base of webOS, which leads me to my next point.

    You will make a good amount of money. Not only does it not take too much time to port over to webOS but it completely free to join the developer program and have your app in the App Catalog. Also, while there is already a large user base that uses webOS there will be more and more coming which means more and more apps. Not that I would like you to considering that I do have to pay for it, but you could hypothetically charge more for your app since there aren’t as many available. But once again, I don’t recommend it.

    Porting to webOS can be a very rewarding thing if you take the not so big chance. All I ask is for you to seriously consider it. But really, why not?
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  2. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #42  
    hello?
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  3. #43  
    My changes in bold:

    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Hi,
    Did you know that the popular iPhone game Angry Birds by Rovio Mobile was ported to webOS in less than four days? No really…it was! My name is (your name) and I find your (game/app) (name of game/app) really awesome! I was wondering if you had any interest in porting (name of game/app) to HP/Palm’s amazing operating system, webOS. WebOS is what many experts say is one of the best--if not the best--operating systems on the market. Within a couple months, HP and Palm will be releasing webOS 2. WebOS 2 adds a ton of functionality--like stacked windows for TRUE multitasking, and Silverlight-type searches of apps (neither of which is possible on iOS)--to an already great operating system. You can read the Engadget review of these new features here. So enough of how awesome webOS is! Why on earth should you port to it when you already have the iPhone? Three reasons that you should port to webOS: (i) there are really great developer tools to help you out, (ii) Palm was bought by HP, and (iii) MONEY!

    Palm provides developers interested in porting to webOS not only an easy experience but also a quick one. Like I said earlier, the popular iPhone game Angry Birds was ported and tested in less than four days! One main tool that Palm provides to developers is the PDK. Simply put, it just makes porting and creating new 3D games and cool apps very easy for you. You can learn more about how easy porting is here. There is really little downside when it comes to porting. If you have any questions about porting you can probably find the answers here.

    On July 1st, 2010 HP bought Palm for 1.2 billion dollars. Palm is now a part of HP, the world's LARGEST technology company. With HP's proven success and scale, and Palm's innovation, the webOS platform is destined for tremendous growth. In fact, HP is pumping a lot of manpower into webOS because they know how successful it will be. At CES 2011 HP is expected to release a webOS tablet and one or more great phones that will definitely grow the user base of webOS, which leads me to my next point.

    You will make a lot amount of money. It is completely free to join the developer program and have your app in the App Catalog. That, combined with the ease of porting equals high profit margins! Also, there is already a large paid-app user-base that uses webOS--an independent research company found that webOS users are far more likely to install paid apps than Android users. Further, after the new devices debut, there will be more and more coming which means more and more app downloads. Finally, you will have far more exposure with webOS than by competing for limited user attention with 200,000 other apps. Go where the growth is!

    Porting to webOS can be very rewarding. All I ask is for you to seriously consider it. But really, what do you have to lose?
  4. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    My changes in bold:
    Thank you so much!
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  5. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #45  
    Ok thanks to tasogare's awesome changes this is what we have now-

    Hi,
    Did you know that the popular iPhone game Angry Birds By Rovio Mobile was ported to webOS in less than four days? No really…it was! My name is (your name) and I find your (game/app) (name of game/app) really awesome! I was wondering if you had any interest in porting (name of game/app) to HP/Palm’s amazing operating system, webOS. WebOS is what many experts say is one of the best--if not the best--operating systems on the market today. Within a couple of months, HP and Palm will be releasing webOS 2. WebOS 2 adds a ton of functionality—like stacked windows for true multitasking, and Quicksilver for Mac-type searches of apps (neither of which is possible on iOS)--to an already great operating system. You can read the Engadget review of these new features here. So enough of how awesome webOS is! Why on earth should you port to it when you already have the iPhone? Three reasons that you should port to webOS are that, there are really great developer tools to help you out, Palm was bought by HP, and MONEY!

    Palm provides developers interested in porting to webOS not only an easy experience but also a quick one. Like I said earlier, the popular iPhone game Angry Birds was ported and tested in less than four days! One main tool that Palm provides to developers is the PDK. Simply put, it just makes porting and creating new 3D games and cool apps very easy for you. You can learn more about how easy porting is here. There is really little downside when it comes to porting. If you have any questions about porting you can probably find the answers here.

    On July 1st, 2010 HP bought Palm for 1.2 billion dollars. Palm is now a part of HP the world’s largest technology company. With HP’s proven success and scale, and Palm’s innovation, webOS is destined for tremendous growth. In fact, HP is pumping a lot of manpower into webOS because they know how successful it will be. At CES 2011 HP is expected to release a webOS tablet and one or more great phones that will definitely grow the user base of webOS, which leads me to my next point.

    You will make a lot of money. It is completely free to join the developer program and have your app in the App Catalog. That, combined with the ease of porting equals high profit margins. Also, there is already a large paid-app user-base that uses webOS—an independent research company found that webOS users are far more likely to install paid apps than Android users. Moreover, after the new devices debut, there will be more and more users coming which means more and more app downloads. Finally, you will have far more exposure with webOS than by competing for limited user attention with 200,000 other apps. Go where the growth is!


    Porting to webOS can be very rewarding. All I ask is for you to seriously consider it. But really, what do you have to lose?
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  6. #46  
    PS. Our marketshare is stagnant, our mindshare, nonexistent, and we can't seem to get our newest phone on carriers we once had a relationship with. On the upside, if you don't actually make any money on the effort, you could try for a tax write-off under charity.
  7. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    PS. Our marketshare is stagnant, our mindshare, nonexistent, and we can't seem to get our newest phone on carriers we once had a relationship with. On the upside, if you don't actually make any money on the effort, you could try for a tax write-off under charity.
    Thanks for the helpful comment!

    Any way I have now updated the first post with the new message. Feel free to use it as much as you want and change it however you want. All I ask is that you post a reply with whoever you emailed so I can update that post.
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  8. #48  
    mfaye you're doing a great job and just ignore that loser.... Obviously not here for anything but stirrin' up the pot. UserCP ...edit ignore list... Only reason I saw what he said was because someone quoted him.
  9. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    mfaye you're doing a great job and just ignore that loser.... Obviously not here for anything but stirrin' up the pot. UserCP ...edit ignore list... Only reason I saw what he said was because someone quoted him.
    Thanks! I didn't know I could do that...
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  10. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    #50  
    You will make a lot of money.
    Evidence? It's a bit rum to state this as fact.
  11. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Evidence? It's a bit rum to state this as fact.
    What would you say instead?
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  12. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    What would you say instead?
    Potential to make maybe? Sure "make a lot of money" has a lot more zing but you leave yourself open to "So how much?" and then when you reply you have no idea...

    (unless someone *does have an idea*?).
  13. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Potential to make maybe? Sure "make a lot of money" has a lot more zing but you leave yourself open to "So how much?" and then when you reply you have no idea...

    (unless someone *does have an idea*?).
    Ok, thanks for the help. I will change it.
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  14. #54  
    see if you can email capcom as well.
  15. sylau90's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    see if you can email capcom as well.
    hi,Mfaye21...I got a suggestion here.If you could list down,all the developers you have contacted on the first page of this thread, that should be great.I think more people will join this and they can see our progress as well.Anyway,the email template is awesome now.good luck...
  16. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    hi,Mfaye21...I got a suggestion here.If you could list down,all the developers you have contacted on the first page of this thread, that should be great.I think more people will join this and they can see our progress as well.Anyway,the email template is awesome now.good luck...
    They are in the first post.
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  17. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #57  
    Hey guys,
    Just thought I should tell you about Build It webOS. Its goal is getting apps ported over to webOS. Check it out!
    Oh and I emailed a few more devs.
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  18. #58  
  19. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
       #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    LOL.
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just thought I should tell you about Build It webOS. Its goal is getting apps ported over to webOS. Check it out!
    Oh and I emailed a few more devs.
    I think that is great that you are doing that. I have been contacting developers for months doing this. Keep up the good work!


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions