Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I know how the Pre automatically pulls in contact information from facebook and links it with current profiles. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to COPY that contact information to the pre and/or google contacts?

Specifically, birthdays and phone numbers. Often times I find myself going to add a birthday and/or phone number to my pre, only to find that it is already in there due to facebook. However, if the person ever deletes this information from their facebook, I will lose it. I like to have a "hard copy" of my phone numbers/birthday information, so to speak.

That, and google contacts automatically adds birthdays to my calendar.

Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks!
    try the birtday patch you will like it, not what you want, but still
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    I know how the Pre automatically pulls in contact information from facebook and links it with current profiles. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to COPY that contact information to the pre and/or google contacts?

Specifically, birthdays and phone numbers. Often times I find myself going to add a birthday and/or phone number to my pre, only to find that it is already in there due to facebook. However, if the person ever deletes this information from their facebook, I will lose it. I like to have a "hard copy" of my phone numbers/birthday information, so to speak.

That, and google contacts automatically adds birthdays to my calendar.

Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks!
    Never really thought about this. You have a good point. I hope someone has the answer. I feel the same way you do.
    After your facebook contacts are in your Pre, send all contacts via e-mail to yourself using the aptly named "send all contacts via e-mail" patch. You'll get an attachment that you can then upload (import) to Gmail contacts. Then you'll have the birthdays in Gmail as well as all of your facebook contacts. Gmail is pretty smart about combining duplicate info so this works well.
    Last edited by ReaganElephant; 06/10/2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    sounds like i'll have to homebrew my pre to get what i want (haven't done this since i went through 3 pres until i had one that worked).

it's just frustrating because when the birthday field is filled via facebook, it doesn't allow you to edit it, transfer it, or add a new one. so when i go to add a birthday, it's already there via facebook, and i can't add it unless i unlink the contact and make one on google with the birthday added.

emailing and then uploading them into gmail contacts is an ok solution, until i add new people to my contacts and have to do it every time

what exactly does the birthday patch do?
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    sounds like i'll have to homebrew my pre to get what i want (haven't done this since i went through 3 pres until i had one that worked).

it's just frustrating because when the birthday field is filled via facebook, it doesn't allow you to edit it, transfer it, or add a new one. so when i go to add a birthday, it's already there via facebook, and i can't add it unless i unlink the contact and make one on google with the birthday added.

emailing and then uploading them into gmail contacts is an ok solution, until i add new people to my contacts and have to do it every time

what exactly does the birthday patch do?

Birthday patch adds all your birthdays in contacts to your calendar