1.    #1  
    I was wondering if/when you have you remove an app, does preware do a "better job" vs removing it with the delete app through the palm app cat or orange button + tap to delete?

the reason why I ask is when I removed an app with the palm cat, it was fairly quick, and using preware, since it seems to take a touch longer, is it doing a more complete removal? Or is there completely no difference whatsoever?
    just orange+tap the launcher icon and the app is deleted... no need for the catalog or preware...
    If you are removing an "Advanced" homebrew App that includes a service you want to use preware to delete it. That's the best way to ensure you are deleting the App and all associated services at the same time.

If it's a regular App from the catalog, I believe it makes no difference how you remove it as there are no "Advanced" packages in the App Catalog.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks - good to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you are removing an "Advanced" homebrew App that includes a service you want to use preware to delete it. That's the best way to ensure you are deleting the App and all associated services at the same time.

If it's a regular App from the catalog, I believe it makes no difference how you remove it as there are no "Advanced" packages in the App Catalog.
    Yea..good rule of thumb (just to be safe)...if you installed via Preware (or webOS Quick Install), uninstall via Preware or webOS QuickInstall!!!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Yea..good rule of thumb (just to be safe)...if you installed via Preware (or webOS Quick Install), uninstall via Preware or webOS QuickInstall!!!
    right on, thats what I figured, just wanted to pick some brains about the subject. thanks to all that responded.
    I donwloaded preware into my phone and it worked great...but one day my phone shut down and when it came back upall my apps got erased even the preware I try to donwload it again but I can't do it...can someone help me plz...i downloaded it preload and filecoaster but I can't download preware...plz help!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcisneros View Post
    I donwloaded preware into my phone and it worked great...but one day my phone shut down and when it came back upall my apps got erased even the preware I try to donwload it again but I can't do it...can someone help me plz...i downloaded it preload and filecoaster but I can't download preware...plz help!!
    you'll prolly want to search for the preware thread and ask in there.. this is just a thread that had a question about app cat vs preware..