Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I just checked my preware and noticed there were many updates to a lot of patches.......usually this will happen when a new update is about to role out anyone got more info?
    There has been a quote from someone at the Baltimore DevCamp that 1.4.5 has been submitted to the carriers a week ago, so we should expect it from Sprint any day now (my own interpretation on that last part).
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    i think maybe you just have not been checking for updates regularly ,like most people in the precentral community . every few days or so updates come out for different apps . there is no reason other than small fixes i believe. i had one update myself , but thats it.

i am not saying there is no update imminent , because we know there is always another update coming out lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i think maybe you just have not been checking for updates regularly ,like most people in the precentral community . every few days or so updates come out for different apps . there is no reason other than small fixes i believe. i had one update myself , but thats it.
    Go to list of evrything and look how many patches were updated today
    the many updates you are seeing have nothing to do w/ an update coming! Although one should be soon.

You wont see the updated(for the next version of WebOs) patches until PreWare sees the updated version on your device.

PreWare knows what version your device is running and only shows only applicable patches.
    Updated patches for the upcoming OTA will not be compatible w/ the current version, and very few devs have access to the pre release OTA mostly app devs. I would guess that no patch devs get this advanced OTA. I have 30+ patches and I have to wait just like everybody else.
    Even if I or another dev did get access we couldnt tell you or we'd have to kill you.J/K every one who gets the advanced OTA has to sign a NDA.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 06/08/2010 at 05:29 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I noticed also that all the patches are showing up as new today, wondered what that was all about.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    this does not mean an update is coming (although one is ) i have several (about 30) of those patches and they were not updated sooo.... maybe an update to preware is coming and they wanted to fix the patches first lol , who knows .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    this does not mean an update is coming (although one is ) i have several (about 30) of those patches and they were not updated sooo.... maybe an update to preware is coming and they wanted to fix the patches first lol , who knows .
    I think it is to update them from aupt 3 to aupt 4. I will dig a post up now.
    I think it is to update them from aupt 3 to aupt 4. I will dig a post up now.
    which would confirm what i was thinking . kool , thanks !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    User Agent patch is listed and its version says 1.4.5.
    which would confirm what i was thinking . kool , thanks !
    Courtesy of DrSuze earlier.
    Quoting @webosinternals:

Originally Posted by :
    As part of the upgrade from aupt-3 to aupt-4, all patches have been rebuilt, so will be listed in Preware as being updated today.

Originally Posted by :
    For those that are interested, aupt-4 puts in place the infrastructure for future binary patches. There is no need to reinstall now.
    Just curious... How does Preware know what WebOS version you're running?
    its sykotic , it know what you want !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I usually check my patches and apps each day. Today I had 0 updates available.
    Quote Originally Posted by lildroopie View Post
    I usually check my patches and apps each day. Today I had 0 updates available.
    Yes you wouldn't have had any patches updated but the build of the patch has been changed so they are updated in list of evrything, if you look in there you will see a long list of patches updated today.
    Yea, I know what you mean. I have only 7 updated patches today and about 10 updated last week. Regardless...I am anxious for the new webos update.
    every time the webOS update is around the corner,all the patches get updated,and every time, ppl are wondering about this, and every time, ppl say, no no, its not that,but bamm! The update is shortly after, so, we should see it soon... That's just what I've experienced over the past year..
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

i am not saying there is no update imminent , because we know there is always another update coming out lol
    I think maybe you just don't check as often as i do actually haha
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    every time the webOS update is around the corner,all the patches get updated,and every time, ppl are wondering about this, and every time, ppl say, no no, its not that,but bamm! The update is shortly after, so, we should see it soon... That's just what I've experienced over the past year..
    agreed, it seems that way, also this morning I checked and Preware had an update...just sayin, seems like it always happens this way