1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of people would like to see a feature that lets you minimize cards so that they're not in your main stack - that way you can keep apps open but still swipe everything else away when you're done.

There's a lot of opposition to that idea because the whole point of the deck-of-cards multitasking concept is that you can always see what's open.

I wondered if you could solve this by adding the ability to Pin a card in card-view, so that it's impossible to swipe it away (with a functional animation or indicator to clearly display why it won't swipe away). I have a habit of swiping cards away when I'm done, and I find that even if I try hard to keep my apps open, they get out of order and some get closed and others remain - it ends up a pretty messy experience.

By Pinning cards you can allow users to keep their cards open, protect them from being absent-mindedly or accidentally swiped away and give a greater degree of control over the multitasking without drastically changing the way WebOS works.

Thoughts?

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I'd like this feature
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    I would like it to. But until then, do you know you can re-order your cards now?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    what do u mean by reorder?
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    drag the card over other cards. You can move them left or right to put them in any order you want.
    would be nice, but aesthetically I'd make the pin a little more integrated with the card :-)
    : (){:|:&};:
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    would be nice, but aesthetically I'd make the pin a little more integrated with the card :-)
    Absolutely, I stuck it whap bang in the middle like that to make it ultra obvious what I'm talking about
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    +1 I am always closing cards I don't want to. This would be great for me.
    if you tap in a blank area in card view, the cards get even smaller. At that point you can drag them around to re-order them...
    i've been thinking this would be great for ages. I would like to be able to use a downward swipe to do this, as opposed to a up swipe to close the app.
    Perhaps you could have the pin--or a little bar--actually floating above the card to show it's locked. When you attempt to swipe it away the animation shows it bumping into this bar and back down. A two-finger upward swipe would override this and close the card. If as hagster suggest a downward swipe locks it, a second downward swipe could unlock it but leave it open.
    Re-ordering cards...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Perhaps you could have the pin--or a little bar--actually floating above the card to show it's locked. When you attempt to swipe it away the animation shows it bumping into this bar and back down. A two-finger upward swipe would override this and close the card. If as hagster suggest a downward swipe locks it, a second downward swipe could unlock it but leave it open.
    I really like this idea - it's important that the user knows *immediately* why the card isn't swiping away as expected.
    Is this beyond what can be done with patches??