1.    #1  
    Is it just my preware or has everyone seen all the patch updates today. I'm just a little curious as does anyone think this implies a new webOS version is now pretty close?
    Or are my way out in space on this one?

I sure hope we are getting 1.4.5 soon.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I noticed this and had the same thought.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    I noticed this and had the same thought.
    So I'm not going crazy. I thought my mind was playing tricks with me because I want an update so bad. Haha, I think I need my pre addiction looked at by a professional.
    what's strange is I read on twitter about this and now here, but when I opened preware there were no updates ?? Does this make sense to anyone? I have almost 2 dozen patches.
    in the past mass updates of both apps and patches have heralded an update, but the time frame can be a few weeks away.

also, patches can get updated in response to changes in aupt, largely independent of updates.

palm has distributed advanced copies of the updates to internalz and homebrewers in the past to allow themto work out compatibility in advanced, I assume this is no different.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    what's strange is I read on twitter about this and now here, but when I opened preware there were no updates ?? Does this make sense to anyone? I have almost 2 dozen patches.
    If you click on list everything and scroll down a little you will see a gazillion patches that have been updated today.
    No package updates will be shown because they have not changed the patches but have only made them compatibale with somthing NEW. My theory anyway.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    in the past mass updates of both apps and patches have heralded an update, but the time frame can be a few weeks away.

also, patches can get updated in response to changes in aupt, largely independent of updates.

palm has distributed advanced copies of the updates to internalz and homebrewers in the past to allow themto work out compatibility in advanced, I assume this is no different.
    I don't like the 'a few weeks' timeframe but I will take it so long as I know it is on the way.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quoting @webosinternals:

As part of the upgrade from aupt-3 to aupt-4, all patches have been rebuilt, so will be listed in Preware as being updated today.
    For those that are interested, aupt-4 puts in place the infrastructure for future binary patches. There is no need to reinstall now.
  9.    #9  
    @DrSuSe I'm calling cover up, haha No thought it might be the new aupt but was hoping it was something else.

New question for everybody. On patches does the version number on each patch refer to what versions webOS it is compatible with or does it refer to build version?
    Since the patch '20px font' has version number 1.4.1-5
    On the front page it seems that they state that 1.4.5 is in the hands of the carriers already
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Just the first part of the version refers to the webOS version it is designated for. So in your example, it is saying it is good for webOS 1.4.1. The bit after the "-" is just a semi-arbitrary revision number usually. For example, the placeholder versions would be 1.4.1-0, then the update might be 1.4.1-1, then if it gets tweaked again it might become 1.4.1-2... so on and so forth.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Just the first part of the version refers to the webOS version it is designated for. So in your example, it is saying it is good for webOS 1.4.1. The bit after the "-" is just a semi-arbitrary revision number usually. For example, the placeholder versions would be 1.4.1-0, then the update might be 1.4.1-1, then if it gets tweaked again it might become 1.4.1-2... so on and so forth.
    Ah right thanks, now it makes sense.