Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    ok, im a palm fan through and through.... i loved palm os and web os is great too... but.... today i saw the new iphone 4.... and i gotta say, it looks great.

    and let me just preface this, i hate apple.

    palm slash hp, step it up because we are overdue for a flagship.

    the new iphone looks great and the specs are amazing, and if you havent checked it out yet, go do it. and the evo is nice too...

    with all these great new phones coming out, i feel saddened because there is a much better operating system out there (webOS) sans a new design.
  2. #2  
    Ya the Evo blows the iPhone away for my view, but PALM/HP need to do something pre-takeover or it's gonesville. No one will comeback or stay.

    Samsung Fascinate Rooted
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVTech View Post
    Ya the Evo blows the iPhone away for my view, but PALM/HP need to do something pre-takeover or it's gonesville. No one will comeback or stay.
    I love how there are people on this forum that know more than everybody else, like how you know no one will comeback or stay!

    I will be here until there are no WebOs phones available.


    Anybody else notice the people that seem to have all of the answers are the ones w/ less than 100 posts? I guess they are keeping it to themselves! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4. #4  
    I dislike Apple as well, but the iPhone 4 did catch my eye and make me quite jealous. The only aspects I mainly envied over was the battery, form factor, and pixel density. Everything else was icing on the cake.

    EVO is just a over sized slate that I could never use as a phone. The maximum screen size I could deal with is 3.7". Maybe 4.0" if it was a Palm phone.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I love how there are people on this forum that know more than everybody else, like how you know no one will comeback or stay!

    I will be here until there are no WebOs phones available.


    Anybody else notice the people that seem to have all of the answers are the ones w/ less than 100 posts? I guess they are keeping it to themselves! lol
    Just because they don't post a lot doesn't mean anything. I'm not saying that all of them know what they are talking about, but some do. I don't post a lot on the android forums but I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on Android.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I love how there are people on this forum that know more than everybody else, like how you know no one will comeback or stay!

    I will be here until there are no WebOs phones available.


    Anybody else notice the people that seem to have all of the answers are the ones w/ less than 100 posts? I guess they are keeping it to themselves! lol
    Ya that's me Mr. Answerman.
    I love people who assume everything and ask nothing. My comment is based on the people at my office. 2 of whom have the Evo and 5 of us on Pre/Plus and several Apple lovers.
    So um ya...huh? I know everything? Wow. Guess I'll ask for a raise today.

    Samsung Fascinate Rooted
  7. Stormbot's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #7  
    I envy the iPhone 4 for a few reasons.

    1) 2 way camera (love this very, very much)
    2) resolution
    3) pixel density
    4) The Gyroscope (Tracks movement with a very high precision. It's 3-axis, so it's capable of detecting pitch, roll, and yaw. Couple with the accelerometer, you have 6-axis motion sensing.)
    5) battery
    6) quality of apps


    I kind of hate that we have no info on up and coming stuff whatsoever.
    Even though I understand that HP is buying Palm out... But according to Ruby, wasn't it all "business as usual"?
    Last edited by PreBot; 06/08/2010 at 04:02 PM.
  8. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #8  
    I got the pre on lanuch date. Then I got the Evo on launch date. The reason I come back to this site is to see the clever responses that Pre supporters have for their phones still having any viability today.

    I keep thinking of this quote:

    3,000 Years of beautiful tradition....from Moses to Sandy Koufax....you're ******* right I'm living in the past!
  9. crobcary's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBot View Post
    I kind of hate that we have no info on up and coming stuff whatsoever.
    Even though I understand that HP is buying Palm out... But according to Ruby, wasn't it all "business as usual"?
    That's where I'm becoming increasingly frustrated as well. I jumped to Palm because I researched their amazing user/developer interaction. Lynn Fox actually got me a warranty replacement just because I asked a question on whether three dead pixels were within spec or not on Twitter. Now, over the past three months, while competitors are jumping over Palm in both hardware AND software (the one advantage they have been able to keep until iPhone 4 and Android 2.2), suddenly the Palm twitter feed is being reduced to retweeting "Hey, I took this nature shot on my @Palm Pre" pictures and posting PRPRPR $blog$ $links$, $and$ $we$ $hear$ $nothing$ $of$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$ $besides$ &$quot$;$we$'$re$ $gonna$ $put$ $it$ $on$ $DeskJets$!&$quot$;

    What's going on? Where's the transparency that was part of Palm's personality?
  10. #10  
    I'm another of these under 100 post people otherwise known as one of the masses.
    post count <> knowledge or lack there of.

    Anyway my concern isn't with current webos users leaving it's more of concern with the current samsung, lg, sanyo, ... dumb phone owners not picking up a webos phone in the first place.
    Lets be honest, though we might not find Android as user friendly and we see advantages over iphone OS as well the majority of people that pick these first will be more then satisfied and likely repeat customers for years to come. This will only make it harder for HP/Palm to gain market share which we need to happen to gain better apps/app support.
    Now how much do you think Sprint, Verizon, AT&T are currently pushing, recommending, even mentioning the Pre, Pixi, WebOS.
    I was in a mall and stopped by a Sprint Kiosk, I looked at the EVO but told the salesperson that I was waiting for the next webos device, he said Oh, Palm is dead. I wouldn't be surprised to hear this at other stores. Until we have a new device out WebOS is dead to many.
    Just my low post count $.02
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I have an EVO in front of me and everything is nice but the screen. It's a pathetic 16bit 65K color screen with some washed out colors. If it had a 24bit screen maybe I would have used my upgrade on it.

    I am sure Palm might announce something after the merger or maybe even before. I am eligible for an upgrade but my next phone must have a true color screen 24bit.
    65,536 colors, TFT
    4.30 inches
    480 x 800 pixels

    Where do you get 16bit from? I'd seriously like to see more details on the screen specs and cannot find any on a Google search with more detail than this.

    Samsung Fascinate Rooted
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    65K is 16bit. Pre is 16.7 millions colors which is 24bit true color. I did not know it was 16bit until I visited a webpage on it then noticed that colors were washed out. I know colors so automatically knew it was 16bit and found the specs on HTC website.
    I
    Aha OK not that up on spec # meanings. Thanks dooder!

    Samsung Fascinate Rooted
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    I got the pre on lanuch date. Then I got the Evo on launch date. The reason I come back to this site is to see the clever responses that Pre supporters have for their phones still having any viability today.

    I keep thinking of this quote:

    3,000 Years of beautiful tradition....from Moses to Sandy Koufax....you're ******* right I'm living in the past!
    +1
  14. #14  
    Palm really needs to focus when creating the next phone. The EVO most people will agree is a little to big, slate like and not pocket friendly. However, friend switched out his Pre for an EVO on launch day and loves it. I am not convinced the EVO is for me, or most people though. So Palm still has PLENTY of room for a great device to capture market. Apple has the AT&T lock, so that furthers market availability for Palm. The iPhone 4 hands down is an amazing device, which it always will be, Apple has the funds and creativeness to make great device and market it right.

    Palm has WebOS. Advancing WebOS will be a key to success. Releasing API's and other development tools to make apps easy and quick to build and launch would help draw people. Right now we have nice tools out for developing, but advancing this area and providing openness will just make adoption for building WebOS further at a much quicker pace. Having a battery life like the iPhone 4, or even close they will be able to go far. It's obvious they will have a blazing processor, that's about standard development now. Dual cam's is not needed, but would be cool, just not going to be the key to sales. Motion tracking is also a plus if they can keep-up/beat out apple in this area.
  15. #15  
    the iPhone 4 has some features that are pretty amazing. But with Palm's state of being for sale then bought out, and no rumors AT ALL of new devices and what not, I am a little worried. I mean, I just bought my AT&T palm pre plus and hearing so little of new devices from here makes me wary of sticking with webOS. I'm sure palm has something planned, as they had a year to see what people like and disliked about the Pre. webOS is what'll make HP support smartphones, as it is an amazing OS.

    But as far as I know and can tell, we're in a "dead zone" right now. No rumors at all, and this is worrying people. But we'll see in the future.
  16. #16  
    I want an app that is similar to iMovie on webos! That made me soooooo J!
  17. #17  
    I just got my palm pre and have to say its the best phone i have ever used, build quality and screen could be a little better but webOs is just amazing compared to anything ive ever used it really shows how phones should work, very fluid and well just perfect i love it
  18. Xenovic's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #18  
    You know... I was thinking this about the hardware just the other day. But really I have two frustrations here. I purchased my Sprint Pre on launch day, and not only is there no word on a newer phone on the horizon, there isn't even any mention of Sprint picking up the Pre Plus.

    I don't know where else WebOS would suddenly go with the operating system. There are still several locked APIs that I can see them releasing, but that won't really require a complete overhaul of the system. And as it is, even with newer versions of Android and iPhoneOS, WebOS still beats them out on UI capability/usability/just-plain-awesome.

    The problem is, and really has been since the beginning, the hardware. We need a solid device, we need an announcement soon, we need a carrot to drool over or the fantasy is really going to start to fade.

    I don't think people are going to leave in droves. And I don't think people are going to leave tomorrow. But when your Sprint Pre is 2 years old and there is no new Palm hardware to choose from, are you going to keep your Pre over whatever the newer fancier device is? I don't think so...
  19. Crimson's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    You know... I was thinking this about the hardware just the other day. But really I have two frustrations here. I purchased my Sprint Pre on launch day, and not only is there no word on a newer phone on the horizon, there isn't even any mention of Sprint picking up the Pre Plus.

    I don't know where else WebOS would suddenly go with the operating system. There are still several locked APIs that I can see them releasing, but that won't really require a complete overhaul of the system. And as it is, even with newer versions of Android and iPhoneOS, WebOS still beats them out on UI capability/usability/just-plain-awesome.

    The problem is, and really has been since the beginning, the hardware. We need a solid device, we need an announcement soon, we need a carrot to drool over or the fantasy is really going to start to fade.

    I don't think people are going to leave in droves. And I don't think people are going to leave tomorrow. But when your Sprint Pre is 2 years old and there is no new Palm hardware to choose from, are you going to keep your Pre over whatever the newer fancier device is? I don't think so...
    I honestly think the Pre has already lost a significant # of its users. I have no proof, but if I were to guess I'd say 25% or more of launch day Pre users are gone.

    My concern is also the lack of any new hardware, as well as lackluster software support. The OS, I love. Unfortunately on the software side of things, certain things, like flash, shazaam, slingplayer, etc are going to go to the iPhone and Android first (Except flash, lol). And its going to take a LONG time if at all to get to the Pre because of the lack of users. Now don't get me wrong, the # of apps and the support of the homebrew community is truly amazing given how big the community is. But it still pales in comparison to other platforms, and its unlikely someone is going to make something like shazaam in a homebrew app.

    This may change as HP ramps up the # of devices with WebOS, but I don't want to wait 6 more months to a year for certain apps because then its time for a new phone/hardware anyway and new killer apps on the iphone and Android platforms.

    I'm probably going to get an EVO and wait and see what happens with Palm next year. I think we're unlikely to see a handset from them this year, if they do, it will be LATE this year. So by the time ones comes out I'll already have been able to use the EVO for 6 months. Not sure I will totally like Android but worst case scenario I can buy the next Palm when it is released.
  20. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #20  
    For some reason my pre looks very old. I'm hoping that HP/Palm can come out with a new device by the holiday season.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions