1.    #1  
    There was a contest on another SPE site not too long ago asking it's members to write a narrative of how the smart phone and it's apps integrated itself in the lives of its owners. I thought this was a really cool idea and after reading some of the entries, figured out that webOS can do so much more!!! Post your replies here. This isn't a contest (unless someone from Precentral makes it one) but it will be fun just to read what other people do with webOS. Enjoy.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  2.    #2  
    Ah, sunlight… That means it’s time to wake up. I roll over and just like every other morning, my Palm Pre is sitting on the touchstone and it tells me what I already knew. It’s ten o’clock, early for someone who works second shift. Oh well, I have a busy day scheduled. I better start with coffee. While that’s brewing, I can check my Email. I’m glad I have my unified inbox. It’s too early to remember to check all three and understand anything. Oh, I see the meeting was moved. The quick launch bar makes finding the Calendar easy before the first caffeine rush. Ah, it defaults to week view. I love that patch. Uh oh, there is a yellow appointment at the same time as the meeting. Let’s see now, the green appointments are for work, the blue for personal stuff, and the yellow are the girlfriends….. That means I’m free for the meeting. That was easy. Ah, the coffee is done. I should go get the paper. Wait, I don’t do that anymore. Scoop has all my Google Reader feeds. What’s new in the world today? A few articles from my local newspaper, my updated queue from Hulu, and yesterday’s app catalog drop from Pre|Central. Anything good? I’ll have to wait to check that out. It’s good to know I can be caught up in the world before my morning shower. Okay, can’t shower and shave without music. Where is that Pandora app? If it wasn’t so easy to rearrange my launcher, I might leave it alone and I could remember where my apps are. Oh well, Universal Search has my back. Here we go. That sounds great.

Okay, that was refreshing. I wonder if I can get away with wearing a T-shirt without freezing today. I guess I’ll check The Weather Channel app. Hmm, better take a coat. I’m almost ready to blow this Popsicle stand. A quick devotional with my Bible app and I’m out the door. What’s first for today? Oh, the boss wanted me to pick up some things for the office before I came in. I think he texted me the list…. No, he sent it through gTalk but it all shows up in the same place so I’ve got it. I wonder if he’s going pay me back for this stuff. Anyway, I need some gas. I’ll fill up at the next station. I can’t forget to add it to the FillUps app. It’s still depressing to see how much money I’m spending on gas every month but at least I know my gas mileage. I better add the debit to Checkbook too. I always forget when I put it off. How much did I just put in? I’ll swipe back to Fill Ups, swipe to Checkbook and I’m done. Dear God, Thank you for multitasking. Amen. Okay, one more stop at the grocery store then home to get ready for work. I wish it wasn’t all the way across town. I guess I can sit back and listen to some more Pandora on the drive. This would make an awesome ringtone. I’ll just open Free Music Ringtones and download it now. There, it’s great to set the ringtone right from the app. I probably shouldn’t be doing this while I’m driving, huh? Okay, where is that shopping list? It’s on my phone!!! Shopping Cart has everything. Let’s see, sort by isle and away I go.

Well, that didn’t take as long as I thought. Now I can head home and change for work. Notifications keep popping up about emails from my boss. I better check it out. He never has anything real important to say, he just thinks he does. I’ll read the rest later.

Okay, I’m ready for work. The groceries are put away, important emails answered, and once again, I’m out the door. Too bad I can’t just stay home today.

Ah, the bullpen. Everyone who works second shift with me meets and the day shift passes on all the information they think we need. I’ll just sit here and play Critical Mass. It’s an awesome little game. I still don’t know how to get higher than 3 million points…. Okay, now I should open JChecklist. It’s great for keeping my to-do list organized. I’ve got more than I thought going on this evening. I guess I’ll have to multitask all night. ;-) I’m glad my phone can keep up. Between the text messages, emails, and tweets I would never be able to keep track of everything. Card view is my hero. Well, I better get to work.

Lunch time is my favorite half hour. I can finally respond to the Facebook messages and wall post. I’m glad there’s an app for that. It’s painless when I don’t have to login. Uh oh, Mike is being a drama queen again. I should call him tomorrow. Dieter and Keith are going back and forth about something on Twitter again. No surprise there. WebOS Internals always has interesting tweets. I should check Preware for patches and apps. Okay, break time is over. Back to work. Let’s see, jChecklist, Notes, and Email are open in card view so I’m ready to go. Did I remember to eat on my lunch break?

Finally, it’s 12:30am and I’m headed home. Should I listen to more Pandora? Nah, I’ll listen to my music. I’m glad I don’t need an iPod for this.

Great, I forgot to turn the porch light on. I’m glad I can use my camera flash as a flashlight. Having it in the device menu is the greatest. Now, I can relax until bedtime. There is never anything good on TV though. I’ll use MyQ for Netflix to find something to watch.

I’ve set the alarm in the Clock on my phone and I’m off to bed. It’s amazing how I can stay so connected without ever having to turn on a computer. Goodnight.
    Last edited by jhoove09; 06/07/2010 at 07:15 PM.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

please add spaces between paragraphs. My old eyes can't read this and i'm sure it is interesting..
    <<Added spaces between paragraphs>> ....at least the ones I could find :-)
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    <<Added spaces between paragraphs>> ....at least the ones I could find :-)
    Thanks. I was just in the process of doing that.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

mine intergrates seamlessly and pretty much interacts with 100% of all my daily schedule (except for the SSS & stuff)

thanks palm, thanks for webOS and thanks HP for keeping the ball rollin!!!
    I donít know so much about a narrative but I can share some of how it integrates into my life.

I normally wake up grab it off of the touchstone, set it next to the computer, and creep around on Precentral. Which is about the time the massive amount of reminders for things I need to do start going off.

I work for a Teen Challenge in Brookings, which is a drug, alcohol, and life controlling issues - ministry. (www.teenchallengeofthedakotas.com) So I have about 25 guys I watch over, with various appointments and other needs to watch for. I have my outlook calendar synched to my palm calendar so I am updated in real time. ( I would forget a ton if it wasnít. )

Also I watch over all of our internal tech and email/website information, as well as our mailing lists and newsletter publications. So my phone reminds and updates me to what our traffic is and any questions/mail list adds are coming in.

The funny thing is after I got the palm pre about 4 of our staff members went out and got one also, they are all overclocked and patched up.

So from a ministry standpoint I have found the phone invaluable for my job.
    .-[ Δίνοντας Θεού δόξα σε όλα πράγματα ]-.
  8.    #8  
    Eh, the narritive is just a fun way to throw in the name of an app or two and some humor. Thanks for the replys.