1.    #1  
    I do not have a data plan and I could not find anything online that could help me i read something about meta doctor but didnt really understand it. I have a windows computer so therefore could not use anything that uses linux. thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    the pre is kind of a waste of a phone without a data plan....are u only going to use it to make phone calls?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    mvaz, youre in the same boat (Well, the same boat i used to be in)

theres a bypass activation tool you can download from palm here
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

run it (make sure you have lates java installed, java.com: Java + You) once you have connected your device. It will do its magic. this will reboot it, and will bypass the activation, there are of course limitations to the bypass as the website states.

now you need preware on your device to install the "first use app" patch. This patch will run the activation tool again and will allow you to create the profile with palm while on wifi. After you run the first use app and create the profile, the limitations you once had will be gone.

installing preware - Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    any idea with the latest Java installed I would receive this error from when I run the java -jar devicetool.jar command?

Error: Connection Refused: Connect
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    <rant>And not for nothing...I am a little po'ed. Freaking Palm is NOT cool for having that lock to begin with...Duckers!!! If I pay for something I should be able to use it if I cancel service with Sprint at a minimum to tinker with, without having to perform a song and dance...</rant>
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    <rant>And not for nothing...I am a little po'ed. Freaking Palm is NOT cool for having that lock to begin with...Duckers!!! If I pay for something I should be able to use it if I cancel service with Sprint at a minimum to tinker with, without having to perform a song and dance...</rant>
    Meta Doctor is pretty simple. It is also the only way to bypass activation and still have access to the App Catalog, Update app, and numerous other features.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    make sure to also download the java jdk or the emulator wont work.
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    any idea with the latest Java installed I would receive this error from when I run the java -jar devicetool.jar command?

Error: Connection Refused: Connect
    I keep getting this error too. I have latest java as well as jdk installed. Please help. Im stumped.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    make sure to also download the java jdk or the emulator wont work.
    You need the jdk to make the emulator work but does that resolve the issue with the bypass tool? You lost me.

And maybe the doc isn't too hard but much more complicated then clicking a couple of buttons as per the palm tool no?

Has no one else experienced what a couple of us are and resolved??? Ahhhhhh lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Meta Doctor is pretty simple. It is also the only way to bypass activation and still have access to the App Catalog, Update app, and numerous other features.
    Hi Garrett92C,

how come i find it so difficult to use meta doctor?
    I'm not computer expert, maybe that's why i got confused.

Can you put in simpler form, how to access APP CATALOG? I want to buy MOTION APPS CLASSICS.

I bought PALM PRE, with a hope I still can use my PALM OS program on my new palm Pre, now, I ended up carrying 2 phones, Palm Pre and Palm Centro.

thx a lot in advance
    regards,
    NICK
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Don't think you can buy anything without a profile
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)