Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I don't know about you, but if HP puts WebOS on all their stuff and continues to make smartphones. Making it easy to network it all togeather. I will buy nothing put HP products! If HP stops the smartphone production, this would change my view greatly. Right now I own an HP computer and printer and it would probably be the last ones I ever own! What are your thoughts on this and why?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    meh... i like webOs and i'm down to check out if HP can bring an improved hardware platform to better utilize it. but i'm not going to buy more of there products just b/c of that
    I'm definitely interested in other HP products if they are running webOS OS.
  4. Evansgw
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I don't know about you, but if HP puts WebOS on all their stuff and continues to make smartphones. Making it easy to network it all togeather. I will buy nothing put HP products! If HP stops the smartphone production, this would change my view greatly. Right now I own an HP computer and printer and it would probably be the last ones I ever own! What are your thoughts on this and why?
    I agree, I'll stick with HP if webOS gets rolled out on other products AND they continue to invest in new innovative hardware.

If they don't I'll probably jump to Android as I've already signed over my life to Google!!
    I've said it before and I will stick by it whole-heartedly. HP will NOT abandon the smartphone market because has become too integrated. Apple devs have proven there is a huge desire in the consumer market for remote management of a wide array of products (heat/air, lighting, security, webcam monitoring, appliances, vehicle management) to be controlled from your phone. Think of a mobile phone as the "hub" of managing and running all of these other areas. HP wants to expand webOS into all of those areas. With Palm already having the mobile OS out and in the market, for HP to solidify webOS as a main player they really do have to get an early foothold in all the other areas I mentioned. Google is trying to go that route now, so HP is going to move fast and furious in that direction to build a solid foothold and then you will see them expand the smartphone line even more. Trust me.. it's more important (long-term) for HP to get webOS expanded out into other areas and build a solid presence before Google does it.

I thought it was interesting that immediately after HP announce the acquisition of Palm, Google announced their plans to expand the Android platform even further out than originally stated. This is because they know that HP is the one company who has more in-roads already established into expanding a market like that than they do. You will definitely see HP keep the smartphone line. Even if they license webOS out to other phone companies, it is all good! We may not see HP aggressively come out with new phones right away, but for the long-term expansion and footprint of webOS, I have no problem with them concentrating on other products right now to build the groundwork - and then tie it all together with incredibly advanced mobile webOS hardware. But that's just my simple take on things
    all of my stuff is hp now. I have no complaints. I wiil never own anything but hp. When they bought palm I was ecstatic. And I still am!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    all of my stuff is hp now. I have no complaints. I wiil never own anything but hp. When they bought palm I was ecstatic. And I still am!
    Isn't that cool. I'm amazed how much stuff we all have of HP. Printers mostly for me and my primary recommendation for home and office clients.

Looking forward to HP and Palm getting together and filtering webOS into all of their technology where it works.

Very exciting stuff - Sorli...
    isn't hp's ink suppose to be really expensive?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    isn't hp's ink suppose to be really expensive?
    Yes it can be, but then they have to make their money somewhere. Actually, if you think about it, that is what Apple does with iPhones/iPads. Sells the hardware and then makes money on the back end taking a share of royalties from apps sales. Different concept, but the direction HP is heading.

Either way, I stopped buying and recommending HP printers for this very reason and began switching clients over to Kodak printers, which worked out real will price wise for the ink (about half the price of HPs), but stopped doing that also since Kodak printers had a high failure rate that I could not rely on.

HP printers are need specific and you should only buy what you need. If you are a photographer that plans to print their own photos on occasion, HP printers do produce some pretty accurate color output. Kodak was also good at this, but required too much post processing to get accurate Greens and Yellows.

I'm actually amazed, that HPs best inkjet is their cheapest allinone unit that sells for $50. It comes with two cartridges, black and color, and prints and copies almost spot on.

HP makes better printers, but the ink cartridges come in sets of 7 and cost more across the board for that quality and output. I just don't print in much of anything besides B/W and my HP LJ 4 is still kickin and producing like it always has.

Either way, I can't wait till I have an option to print from my phone via WIFI to my HP LJ 4 networked printer. Boy Howdie!!!

Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 06/06/2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: webOS Printing
    if HP sticks to their CEO's statement and do no further investing or development into smartphones, I will be jumping on the Droid bandwagon. I can't support a company that does nothing to support me.
    I used to have a hand-me-down hp Journada 56x and at the time it was the shiznit!!! It ran winmo which wasn't all too fun, but it was a good replacement for the the handspring visor in my avatar. Despite it running winmo (was it even called winmo at the time?), I remember it having some really stellar hardware. This makes me excited to see what hp/palm can come up with running webos.

pic1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    if HP sticks to their CEO's statement and do no further investing or development into smartphones, I will be jumping on the Droid bandwagon. I can't support a company that does nothing to support me.
    You really need to read up on that statement. HP clarified that the statement the next day and explained is wasn't meant the way it was taken. HP is simply making sure people don't expect all of their money to go into a single webOS device line. They are still going to support and expand the mobile platform, but in addition they are going to also concentrate on expanding the OS to other electronic mediums.