1.    #1  
    PlayStation emulator coming to Android, courtesy of yongzh and ZodTTD -- Engadget

If you don't know the names yongzh and ZodTTD, you can certainly be forgiven, but they're basically the cell phone emulation dream team -- where the former has been cranking out high-quality Nintendo and Sega emulators for Android, the latter is the one who brought PSX to iPhone, iPhone 3GS and the Palm Pre.
    say what?

where is it?!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Wow, this video was posted almost a year ago:
    !

Looks to me like it's abandoned or we would have heard something by now.
    Nice looking proof of concept, but honestly at this point, there's no reason emulators can't work in landscape with overlaid controls, assignable tilt controls. That portrait keyboard thing is just too small, too button intensive.

I'd love to see this implemented though.
    I'd love to have a psx em on my pre
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was just reading that article on Engadget and I was thinking the same thing. The sad thing is, I probably read the original article from June '09 and just completely forgot about it. Did ZodTTD ever release the emulator for us pre owners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmn View Post
    I was just reading that article on Engadget and I was thinking the same thing. The sad thing is, I probably read the original article from June '09 and just completely forgot about it. Did ZodTTD ever release the emulator for us pre owners?
    No, he didn't share it and I believe he just left it behind.

ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

6.    #6  
    oh yeah, i remember watching that video

man he just left it? with the WIDK aswell out now, why couldnt it be picked up again?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    oh yeah, i remember watching that video

man he just left it? with the WIDK aswell out now, why couldnt it be picked up again?
    I am not sure why someone has not worked on this. ZodTTD probably will not release the code, even though he probably based it off of PCSX. (a open source psx emulator) Seems like he is known for doing this from what I have read on the internet.

It would probably take a lot of work to port PCSX to the pre. If not it would probably take more knowledge about emulation than I currently have.

It would be nice play through ff7 again on my pre though
    AmpachPre, your music your way.