1.    #1  
    I've tried to search for a solution to this. I apologize if I'm covering old territory.

Prior to 1.4, frames were a pain because the browser seemed to remove them. I would have to scroll waaaay down a frame to get to the one below it.

Now the browser shows frames, but doesn't give me any scroll bars, so I can not get to any information except what is currently on display. Does anyone know a workaround/patch for that?

Thanks.
    Hold down the square orange or white key and do down or up swipes within the frame.
    You can tap inside the DIV or frame you want and use the space key to scroll as well.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Hold down the square orange or white key and do down or up swipes within the frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    You can tap inside the DIV or frame you want and use the space key to scroll as well.
    I've had the same problem as the OP, but since Day 1 with the Pre. Neither option presented works for me. And it's for 2 websites that I help maintain. Are either of you familiar with html programming and would be willing to take a look at these sites for me? If so, I'd be happy to PM you the addresses.
    Not too familiar with HTML but I can look at the sites and see if I'm able to scroll.
    It's been a while since I've coded... but I'd be happy to take a look at the site and see if I can scroll.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not too familiar with HTML but I can look at the sites and see if I'm able to scroll.
    It's been a while since I've coded... but I'd be happy to take a look at the site and see if I can scroll.
    Thanks to both of you. I know you're always around here to lend a helping hand . I'll PM you both now. I'm not an expert coder by any stretch, and I don't want to get flamed by posting the sites for all to see . I appreciate the offer to take a look!
    I looked at both site you sent on my Pre... on the first I was able to view all the text by clicking in the main DIV and pressing [space] to scroll down ( [shift]+[space] to scroll back up).

On the second page I could view all the text without scrolling.
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I looked at both site you sent on my Pre... on the first I was able to view all the text by clicking in the main DIV and pressing [space] to scroll down ( [shift]+[space] to scroll back up).

On the second page I could view all the text without scrolling.
    Thanks Spader. Yes, I had PM'ed with NachoB, but should have posted back here as well. I had initially mis-read your post about spacebar, and read it as backspace . I never knew that trick before, so thanks for teaching me something new! It doesn't work for me on the 2nd site, however, but I think that may be because it's programmed with an antiquated frames method that WebOS may not support (but IE and Firefox do). If you view that 2nd site on your computer browser, I think you'll probably find that there's a whole bunch more on that page that doesn't show on the WebOS browser, but it looks complete at first glance because there's no text cut off (it "breaks" at what looks like an appropriate spot, but it's not). Either way, you definitely taught me something new tonight (the spacebar scrolling trick), so thanks! I'm on this website CONSTANTLY (I must admit I'm addicted to my Pre, Preware, and this site!), and had never heard that one before, so THANKS! At least I know how to get site #1 to show fully now! Many thanks!
  10.    #10  
    Here's a site I'm at all the time. OregonLive.com: Boysbasketball1a Forum
    Is it me or the site? Orange+swipe brings up universal search with strange characters. Double tap in the pane zooms a little bit. That's all I get.
    Ought to be a law against websites that have frames....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  12.    #12  
    And the really sad part is that the webmail for my work uses frames also. It's laid out a little like Outlook, and I can only see my last 10 emails or so. Until I get this figured out, my Pre is only *almost* as useful as it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    And the really sad part is that the webmail for my work uses frames also. It's laid out a little like Outlook, and I can only see my last 10 emails or so. Until I get this figured out, my Pre is only *almost* as useful as it could be.
    Orange key and swipe up/down
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  14.    #14  
    No. Orange+swipe doesn't work. That's my problem. It just brings up the universal search and puts funky characters in it. Any other ideas?