Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was watching a cnet podcast when all off a sudden they started to praise webos by saying how much they liked it and how everyone likes it but no one wants to buy it except hp and then started laughing.

Palm and webos has become the laughing stock of the smart phone industry and personally in my whole year of ownership I haven't since another one except in a sprint store.

Well guys less than 12hrs to go and I'll be free of my faithful Pre.
    I hope you enjoy the Evo
    I feel like after the friendly banter I've had with my Android / Iphone toting friends over the past year I'm all in with webOS... wherever that ride takes me.

I would be truly ashamed to switch over unless some groundbreaking new product was released that changed my perception of how a smartphone should operate.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've got an old Centro on a 2nd line that I'm very tempted to upgrade to the EVO, but I think instead I'm going to visit some sprint stores and when they say $10 for 4G and $30 for tethering I'm going to say BS and walk out... Perhaps Sprint will drop all that nonsense if we all hold out for a few days, wishful thinking I know.....
    Seriously... Who takes advice from Cnet... ?
    if you're basing your self-esteem and worth over a smart phone...

seriously. it's a phone, not a measure of your man/woman-hood. like what you like and use what you use for your own reasons, not because what this person or that person or this website or that website says.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I feel like after the friendly banter I've had with my Android / Iphone toting friends over the past year I'm all in with webOS... wherever that ride takes me.

I would be truly ashamed to switch over unless some groundbreaking new product was released that changed my perception of how a smartphone should operate.
    I halfway agree with this. however i am getting an evo but i will remain to praise webos over it. the hardware issue kinda got to me...
    If you are SUPER NICE and like to help learning devs, click below =)

Thank You
    I remember when CNet's advice was actually worth something. Are they still around?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    if you're basing your self-esteem and worth over a smart phone...

seriously. it's a phone, not a measure of your man/woman-hood...
    True...true...but it should be noted that, when Chuck Norris needed a smartphone, he didn't choose it...the Smartphone chose Chuck! And of course, that Smartestphone ran webOS!

Disclaimer: I actually have no idea what phone Chuck uses...or if he actually needs one.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    That EVO looks like a great phone. And CNET is laughing at both Palm and WebOS. I really don't want to carry a phone that gets laughed at. Don't think I could bear it. Maybe it's time to switch to Sprint, grab one of those EVOs, pay the the extra fees for the tethering, get rid of the Pre (and all of it's quirks and terribleness), and join all the cool kids in total Android bliss. Or maybe I should wait till Monday to see what Apple is going to announce, because maybe after Monday, CNET will be laughing at my new Android phone, which of course will move me out of my total Android bliss, and force me to move to Apple and the new 4G iPhone to be with all of the really cool kids, in total Apple bliss. I still have 23 days to return my Pre Pus to Verizon.

JD
    This just in. webOS users laugh at CNET, and fart in their general direction while saying "nee".
    As somone who depends on others for their self worth, I hate it when people mock the Pre. I feel like they are attacking me personally with a kick to the groin. I then need to revert into my shell and sing "I Will Survive".... then I feel better.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I don't understand you guys, It's just a phone. It's a great concept, but an unfinished one. I truly love WebOS and my Pre (which I still have my original one since August of 09), but I know that other phones have better hardware and have better apps, but that's not going to make me switch to another phone. If you love your phone, well just be happy with it and who cares if the people from cnet.com laughs at palm (they're apple ******* anyway).
    Is it just coincidental that Best Buy is running its "Avoid Cellphone Shame" ad campaign concurrent with the EVO release? Picking on the dumbphone users with low self-esteem... Wether you need a smartphone or not, get one, so people won't laugh at you. Is this high school?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    As somone who depends on others for their self worth, I hate it when people mock the Pre. I feel like they are attacking me personally with a kick to the groin. I then need to revert into my shell and sing "I Will Survive".... then I feel better.
    LOL - Two things:

1) the fact that you realize that your identity comes from what others think about your phone... that's the first step toward recovery. I'm so proud of you!

2) That's the funniest signature I've ever seen. Where did you get that? I am just cracking up!
    I just saw the pic of the evo on the front page beside the pre.. and actually laughed at it.. WAY too big for a phone, looks like you'd need hammer style pants just to have pockets big enough to carry the thing..

Evo compatible pants to be introduced!

but seriously though, the internet is full of opinions, and with so many, you're bound to stumble on one that conflicts with your emotions, don't fuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    Is it just coincidental that Best Buy is running its "Avoid Cellphone Shame" ad campaign concurrent with the EVO release? Picking on the dumbphone users with low self-esteem... Wether you need a smartphone or not, get one, so people won't laugh at you. Is this high school?
    Well...I did have a dream I showed up in class in my underwear...at least, I hope it was a dream...

And don't worry Mudotron, I think most of the folks are being sarcastic in this thread, just having a little fun with the 'concept' of your life being centered around your smartphone.
    Awesome. LL Bean introduces the first 3rd party case for the EVO. You can buy it at Sports Authority and Target stores everywhere...
    What's wrong with self-esteem based on material things?

Isn't that kind of a foundation of the 21st century American experience?

I mean... what else could it be based on? General at-ease with oneself? Family life? A job you enjoy?

Puhlease
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

2) That's the funniest signature I've ever seen. Where did you get that? I am just cracking up!
    His sig actually ticked me off more than once.
    I sit staring at the screen waiting for that thing to load.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast