Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    His sig actually ticked me off more than once.
    I sit staring at the screen waiting for that thing to load.
    I just thought it was another hung Flash app.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    His sig actually ticked me off more than once.
    I sit staring at the screen waiting for that thing to load.
    You were looking at it on your Pre thinking "I sure wish Adobe would get Flash working so I could see his sig..."
    Not to be rude,but all those who are going to make the switch over to Evil,please don't come on here telling us how good it is. We already know!(rush being sarcastic). :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    True...true...but it should be noted that, when Chuck Norris needed a smartphone, he didn't choose it...the Smartphone chose Chuck! And of course, that Smartestphone ran webOS!

Disclaimer: I actually have no idea what phone Chuck uses...or if he actually needs one.
    Chuck Norris doesn't need a phone. When he wants to talk to you, he says your name. If you don't show up, he hunts you down and roundhouse kicks your head off.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Palm and webos has become the laughing stock of the smart phone industry and personally in my whole year of ownership I haven't since another one except in a sprint store.
    This made my head hurt trying to understand what you are trying to say.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    This made my head hurt trying to understand what you are trying to say.
    Replace "since" with "seen" and it makes sense
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    LOL -

2) That's the funniest signature I've ever seen. Where did you get that? I am just cracking up!
    It started in a dbd thread called " •• Wannabe 'drink-in-one-hand' stand-up "comedians" -- Try your stale material here! "

Posted here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...ml#post2487856

Ended up in his signature a few posts later. I didn't think it would last in his signature this long.
    Who cares if they laugh? I really don't care on what they say, I love my phone and I'm not the only one, my friends also love my Pre, most of them think it's actually better than an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Seriously... Who takes advice from Cnet... ?
    +1

Initially these guys were amongst the only ones praising webOS and the Pre when all the other reviews kept bashing it, now they just decided doom and gloom was the way to go.

What a bunch of fools.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Cnet is just like everyone else.. they're buying into the media hype over the Android and the sheer market power of Apple. And why not, if they mimic the opinions of their counterparts, they'll likely get linked over.. and let's face it, everyone likes it when someone else agrees with them.

But let's face facts.. Palm is in limbo right now, pending the sale. Meanwhile, carriers are launching Android phones every week, and talking them up so they can sell these new phones at a high margin. And the tech writers have to write about something.. all these new phones are the "low hanging fruit" of tech journalism. Easy to write about, with minimal research.

Chances are, none of the Cnet writers own a Palm device.
    Cnet has always trashed palm, for the last 3 years they kept betting on palm to go under. I listen to buzz out loud atleast once every other week. And every time I turn in they always have a dumb to say about palm. Right now there doubting HP for buying we OS and they keep saying HP made a mistake.

Dude Cnet loves to hate on palm, but don't be upset it's only because WebOS is so awsome that is gets such big haters, be proud :-)
    I deleted CNET Buzz outloud from Twitter and DrPodder. I had it with their apple ****** news and Palm doomcast bombo cloth.
    Now that my BuzzOutLoud podcast is gone I have my weekly engadget podcats, but I need a daily one. Any good ones for daily tech news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I remember when CNet's advice was actually worth something. Are they still around?
    Hey! I'm actually old enough to remember this too! I think I last took their advice when I was looking to buy a 300 baud modem.
    All you folks saying that its just a phone, and public perception doesn't really matter, and get a life, are just putting a brave spin on things. Of course it matters! If it didn't, you wouldn't be posting on a fan site for a specific phone. You have clearly picked a team, and it is clearly losing at the moment. The only time these things don't matter is when you are losing.

When the Pre was first announce, you people were not saying, hey, its just a phone. You were leading the battle cry of "iPhone killer!" It only ceased to matter when the iPhone refused to be killed. Apps didn't matter, until you got an SDK. Then, they ceased to matter when developers didn't want to write for the Pre. Popularity mattered when Precentral was posting every time a pre was spotted in the media. Now it doesn't matter when the media no longer cares for it.

If Palm was actually winning any of the races it is in, then you would all be waiving your banners and smack talking about how the shift to WebOS represents an overthrow of tyranny, truth, justice, and the American way!. Now, though, its just a phone and doesn't matter. Nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    All you folks saying that its just a phone, and public perception doesn't really matter, and get a life, are just putting a brave spin on things. Of course it matters! If it didn't, you wouldn't be posting on a fan site for a specific phone. You have clearly picked a team, and it is clearly losing at the moment. The only time these things don't matter is when you are losing.

When the Pre was first announce, you people were not saying, hey, its just a phone. You were leading the battle cry of "iPhone killer!" It only ceased to matter when the iPhone refused to be killed. Apps didn't matter, until you got an SDK. Then, they ceased to matter when developers didn't want to write for the Pre. Popularity mattered when Precentral was posting every time a pre was spotted in the media. Now it doesn't matter when the media no longer cares for it.

If Palm was actually winning any of the races it is in, then you would all be waiving your banners and smack talking about how the shift to WebOS represents an overthrow of tyranny, truth, justice, and the American way!. Now, though, its just a phone and doesn't matter. Nice try.
    ouch. totally true though.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    you know, i just listened to their mucho bogo podcast, and they suddenly went behind "bad goverments" saying "Speaking of bad goverments....China.."

it is obvious to see how depressing it is to listen to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    if you're basing your self-esteem and worth over a smart phone...

seriously. it's a phone, not a measure of your man/woman-hood. like what you like and use what you use for your own reasons, not because what this person or that person or this website or that website says.
    Totally agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Seriously... Who takes advice from Cnet... ?
    Media people are actually Apple VVH0R3$. They will go all in for Apple products if they have to.
    I think that we are all missing a gold mine.

The EVO is so huge, we ought to create a Pre "case" that looks like it is an EVO. Then, folks can slip their Pre / Pixi into said case and walk around proud as peacocks because everyone will THINK they are using the EVO!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast