1. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    I have managed to get quick install to the point where I connect my pre plus in developer mode to the computer and download the WebOS pre program. I click on the green down arrow, choose Pre Central App Gallery Feed, choose WebOS Internals Feed (Pre) and Download. I immediately get a error box with the message "ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException". No download, the Quick Install program is working and I can go through the steps over and over with exactly the same results. I have installed JAVA 1.6 update 20 and the Sun Java website says it is correctly installed.
    Any solutions so I can finally use Homebrew apps would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    Bruce
    Reboot your computer and your Pre, Disconnect the usb cable during reboot.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. It remains exactly as outlined in my original post.
    Thank you for your effort and quick response.
    Bruce
    The only other thing I can think of is to remove java and reinstall.

Hope this helps
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Are you selecting any Apps from either feed?

When you select a feed, you should get a list of packages from that feed... in order to download and install anything you have to check off the item you want. If you don't check any boxes, you will probably get that error.

Edit: Just checked, and yes, that is the error you receive exactly. You don't need to "download" the entire feed, just the packages you want. Select them from the list then click download. HTH.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    WHich version of WOQI are you using? Make sure you have the latest version. Also try to reinstall novacom drivers from the OPtions menu...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Spader,
    Your information did the trick. Thanks a lot.

and Gaurav thanks for taking the time to respond.

Bruce