View Poll Results: How did this announcement/statement affected you?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm speechless,stunned, and disappointed.

44 59.46%
  • Damn,now I have to get a android phone.

23 31.08%
  • It doesn't bother me at all,because I was leaving webos anyway.

7 9.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The statement Mark Hurd made yesterday as left me with a strong pause,i don't even know what to say....
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    The statement Mark Hurd made yesterday as left me with a strong pause,i don't even know what to say....
    yeah... I've never been so satisfied with a phone before. I'm glad I have it insured so I can continue to use it for a while into the future... because it sounds like there might not be much Palm Smartphone development!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    It gave me more then a strong pause. I will get myself the new HTC. I too was going to just get my kid one of the HTC's for graduation but after reading that. Let's just say you don't just say that in his position unless you really are about to part out Palm or at least strip what you need and not worry about the next improvements. I finally got a good phone that didn't crack it's speaker out every few weeks and it does everything a phone should do and does it well.

Bye Palm until I see something else. I'll swap the phone with my 11 year old so I don't lose all the paid programs sometime before I go into Best Buy to avoid the rebates.

G..
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I don't know what to say either, but I know I'm still loving my pre until it's actually dead....regardless!!
    I won't vote in this stupid poll - as the questions are all about bailing out on HP and Palm.

I ventured into OfficeMax the other day and was amazed to see the Compaq computers side by side with HP computers on the shelves. Compaq was acquired by HP in 2002 and yet Compaq is still viable and developing new computers every day. I don’t see why HP and Palm will work the same way.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    You don't have an option for my answer...

It doesn't affect me at all, as my Pre still works exactly as it did yesterday and the day before and the day before that... what HP chooses to do won't make it suddenly stop working either.

When and if my Pre does stop working I'll move onto what's available then... if there's a new WebOS phone to move to, great. If not? I'll get over it.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The statement of Mark Hurd is totally torn from his context and blown out of proportion so this poll is totally stupid, as long as there is not such an option as "I'm not bothered, because he did NOT say he will discontinue webOS smartphones.".
    as a long time palm user i find his statements disheartening at best. even his amended explanation doesn't sound too promising, but thats to be expected in corporate buyouts. it seems that the webos is the prize, not the company.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Add one more option on poll; to use my pre till it's dead and can't be replaced.....then get a damn android phone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    You don't have an option for my answer...

It doesn't affect me at all, as my Pre still works exactly as it did yesterday and the day before and the day before that... what HP chooses to do won't make it suddenly stop working either.

When and if my Pre does stop working I'll move onto what's available then... if there's a new WebOS phone to move to, great. If not? I'll get over it.
    well said. +1
    Well.. as someone who has recently released my first app to the catalog and has a couple more in the works.. I'm a little concerned. My current plan is to wait out the summer and see what Palm has in store. They've alluded to having new hardware in the works so I'm hoping they'll have a handset announced sometime in the next few months. If there's no new hardware available when my Sprint contract is up (6/6/11), then I'll probably move to whatever new Android device is available with a QWERTY.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    There's no option to vote "I think HP will make smartphones with WebOS, regardless of misinterpreted statements by the CEO."
    This is America. Corporations buy corporations. I'm going to go fix my Amiga now
    What a ridiculous set of choices... You should at least add "have you stopped beating your wife?"
    Missing option: Doesn't surprise me at all. I figured HP would strip Palm's assets regardless of any claims to the contrary.
  16.    #16  
    Ridiculous, huh? thats how you see my choices. :-)
    It doesn't affect me personally, because i don't have brand loyalty anymore.
    That went out the door when i realized what little pawns in the game we really all are.
    When i'm ready to get a new phone, i'll choose whichever one i like best at that time. (I will always be with Sprint though.)
    I wish the big companies would have at least just a fraction of heart to you loyal diehards, but in the end, you know this (and everything else in this world) revolves around $cash$.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 06/03/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    missing a option... waiting to see what really happens
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Ridiculous, huh? thats how you see my choices. :-)
    Yes, ridiculous. It allows me to choose only from the negative options you offer. None of the options I would choose are on there.

As I said before, that poll commits the fallacy of asking a "loaded question." It's the same as asking someone "have you stopped beating their wife". It assumes the premise that they have been doing that, and both answers (yes or no) would confirm it.

Loaded question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So please answer my question to you. Have YOU stopped beating your wife?
    All I have to say is.....Por Que?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast