View Poll Results: How did this announcement/statement affected you?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm speechless,stunned, and disappointed.

44 59.46%
  • Damn,now I have to get a android phone.

23 31.08%
  • It doesn't bother me at all,because I was leaving webos anyway.

7 9.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    All I have to say is.....Por Que?
    To which I answer, porque.
    I have been suspicious about this for sometime. HP continued to talk about tablets and other devices from the begining. They had never mentioned smartphones. I had a feeling they may not be focusing on phones all that much. Even if they do make another phone you will probably not see it until next year. That is why I have been looking at the Evo as much as it hurts me to leave WebOS.
    Missing choice: Who cares? It's just a phone. Hope HP's stock goes up even more!
    Quote Originally Posted by fonefanatic View Post
    I have been suspicious about this for sometime. HP continued to talk about tablets and other devices from the begining. They had never mentioned smartphones. I had a feeling they may not be focusing on phones all that much. Even if they do make another phone you will probably not see it until next year. That is why I have been looking at the Evo as much as it hurts me to leave WebOS.
    They didn't specifically mention LCD displays, either. Do I need to jump ship and get a different LCD display for my PC? They didn't mention digital cameras, so I'd better pick up another brand of camera while I'm out...

I'm worried that this will turn out just like it did for Apple. Their focus on iPads has all of the iPhone and Macbook users jumping ship in droves.
    I think sometimes some people put more importance to a cell phone than is really necessary. I mean I really do LOVE my Pre. its the best device of its kind I have ever owned, but if it ceases to exist, Im sure I'll find something else to amuse myself, or even make phone calls with.

Until then, I'll just continue to enjoy it, and not really care what any particular CEO says or does not say..

Its not that much of a matter of life and death to me
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    What a ridiculous set of choices... You should at least add "have you stopped beating your wife?"
    here you go again.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    You do not even have a poll response for people who are not lemmings and going to jump off a cliff because some article says HP is not going to sell phones. There have been so many negative articles about Palm over the last year that it is amazing how well some corporate PRPRPR $people$ $are$ $doing$ $to$ $sabotage$ $the$ $product$. $In$ $fact$ $the$ $negative$ $PR$ $started$ $before$ $the$ $phone$ $was$ $even$ $on$ $the$ $market$. $Palm$ $will$ $continue$ $to$ $produce$ $phones$ $that$ $will$ $be$ $cutting$ $edge$ $and$ $WebOS$ $will$ $become$ $more$ $important$ $in$ $everyones$ $lives$. $Wait$ $and$ $see$.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I didn't answer the poll.. because it doesn't have my best answer. I'll continue to use the Pre because it does exactly what I want it to do. Great phone, great for messaging, decent apps, and the price I paid for the phone was almost nothing. At $29.99, I really have nothing to lose.

It's an amazing device.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Ridiculous, huh? thats how you see my choices. :-)
    No. It's just that your poll is completely one-sided. You are missing many options...
    Well, I am now more confident. Pls read precentral todays news on front page
    http://www.precentral.net/ceos-say-d...cted-device-us

IMHO A new hardware for webos will come in 6 months from July 31, 2010, but HP needs could change anytime.

I know they are partners with others on the GWE Global wireless Ecosystem that is upcoming late 2010, early 2011 and will need a new reshaped hardware webos soon. So I will say, HTC EVO 4g and iphone 4g ,watch out your back
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes, ridiculous. It allows me to choose only from the negative options you offer. None of the options I would choose are on there.

As I said before, that poll commits the fallacy of asking a "loaded question." It's the same as asking someone "have you stopped beating their wife". It assumes the premise that they have been doing that, and both answers (yes or no) would confirm it.

Loaded question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So please answer my question to you. Have YOU stopped beating your wife?
    Since you're so brilliant in choices of questions. My question to you is... "Have You" Where is the positive regarding the statement that Mark Hurd wrote. The future of smart phones using the webos operating system was bluntly laid out by HP CEO. Ingnorance is what causes our downfall,and then stupidity kicks in. If you take time to read what my poll question stated,you would be able to see that my chioces fit the question asked.
    Your poll asks what impact it had on me (the voter). Then gave me all negative choices, none of which applied to me. How is it hard to see that?

You can't get any sort of valid information if you base your questions on assumptions about those you are polling. Heck, you don't even have a choice for "none of the above"....

Many others have posted the same comment here. They just didn't take the time to explain WHY the poll is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Since you're so brilliant in choices of questions. My question to you is... "Have You" Where is the positive regarding the statement that Mark Hurd wrote. The future of smart phones using the webos operating system was bluntly laid out by HP CEO. Ingnorance is what causes our downfall,and then stupidity kicks in. If you take time to read what my poll question stated,you would be able to see that my chioces fit the question asked.
    They fit... I guess. You are still completely missing other opinions though.

Your choices are:
    1. I'm sad.
    2. I'm dumping my Pre
    3. I'm dumping my Pre
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No. It's just that your poll is completely one-sided. You are missing many options...
    I kinda see why you would say that,but that's just how I felt at that time. In life we don't usually get everything we want. Right?
    This thread is going absolutely nowhere.

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12