View Poll Results: What would YOU do if you'd just bought a Pre-Plus?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return it! Hurd Tipped is hand. Palm is a dying brand

10 20.41%
  • Return it! It's too riddled with problems--there are better phones out there

3 6.12%
  • Keep it! Hurd mis-spoke or was likely taken outta context

26 53.06%
  • Keep it. If you don't need tons of apps it'll work for your 2 year contract

10 20.41%
  1.    #1  
    My wife and I just bought 2 Palm Pre Pluses from Verizon.
    We like them, but are under the "return with no questions" window from Verizon.

There is a lot of Doomsday talk after Hurd's speech.

But are there some of you out there who think it's worth waiting out?

I don't need TONS of apps...basically like how WebOs links all aspects of my life. So...what do *you* think we should do?

I'd appreciate you taking the poll
    My vote would be to hold on till the last few days to make a choice, even if things looks like horrible death for everything there still might be a change in plans... I hope
    Last edited by KeeganDoomFire; 06/02/2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Poll appeared!
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    As long as webOS Internals is here, I'll stay around. I'm sure someone will get webOS beyond the Pre if its takes a flight to toasters, and vacuum cleaners..
    Making a boneheaded statement like that can't help with courting of developers but if you aren't all that concerned about apps, you still have the nicest OS on any smartphone so enjoy it! There's no point in switching to a lesser OS for the apps if you don't care about them that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by theaudioprof View Post
    My wife and I just bought 2 Palm Pre Pluses from Verizon.
    We like them, but are under the "return with no questions" window from Verizon.

There is a lot of Doomsday talk after Hurd's speech.

But are there some of you out there who think it's worth waiting out?

I don't need TONS of apps...basically like how WebOs links all aspects of my life. So...what do *you* think we should do?

I'd appreciate you taking the poll
    If you are really concerned by this tempest-in-a-teapot, you should buy an iPhone. That's the safe bet. I'm keeping my Pre, but I may not keep PreCentral. This is embarrassing for a group of people who showed the intelligence to think different and buy such an amazing phone, and then panic.

There must be a dozen threads about this, and a thousand posts. All while the CEO of HP and Palm are asleep. Won't they be surprised in the morning...
    If it does what you need, by all means keep it.

I can't be sure of course, but the way I read the remarks was that they didn't buy Palm JUST to be in the phone business. After all, Web OS has potential far beyond that, and HP is already IN the phone business, among many others.

Personally, I'll keep mine at least till I qualify for an upgrade. At that point, both my wife and daughter have said they want it. Hopefully by that time there will be a 4g Palm waiting! (with a faster processor, more memory, larger screen, microSD slot, improved keyboard....)
    Last edited by da1Bear; 06/03/2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: add emphasis
    da1Bear

Click to see my Virtual Business card

Palm Pre on Sprint
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Um, if I was HP I would've bought for the IP as well...so what??? I'm not worried....
    It's not just precentral ******* who are interpreting this with paranoia, check out most other tech sites carrying the news.
    oh i had no idea that these forums blocked the word that starts with 'fan' and ends with 'boys'. I wasn't trying to be rude
    If HP have just read Palm their last rites,
    I'll smash my HP scanner/copier into bits and post them it back,"they cannot be serious" to quote a tennisman.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Your poll should have another option......keep it cuz you like it!!

Worst case scenario, it breaks they can't replace it and you get something else, you may be sad but you'll live.