Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    This should be obvious to Mr. Hurd but evidently it is not. Tablet sales can not only be directly the result of a users familiarity with the operating system but also that of it's ecosystem. I don't think too may IPhone users will buy a Android tablet, especially when all their apps work on the Ipad. Conversely, I don't think too many Evo, Droid or any other Android phone users will buy a Ipad when a decent Android tablet comes out.

Sorry Mr. Hurd but having a Webos printer is not a compelling reason to buy a Webos tablet.

BTW, everyone is predicting that smartphones will be more prevalent than PCs in the next ten years- why would you not want a piece of that pie?
    First of all, I disagree with your interpretation of his comments.

But secondly, Android tablets don't coexist very well with Android phones. The only one that does it right so far is the iPad / iPhone.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    First of all, I disagree with your interpretation of his comments.

But secondly, Android tablets don't coexist very well with Android phones. The only one that does it right so far is the iPad / iPhone.
    Android phones dont even coexist with each other... that is about to change. If you think tablets that can compete with Ipad are not coming or are far off I have a C40 to sell you.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra View Post
    This should be obvious to Mr. Hurd but evidently it is not. Tablet sales can not only be directly the result of a users familiarity with the operating system but also that of it's ecosystem. I don't think too may IPhone users will buy a Android tablet, especially when all their apps work on the Ipad. Conversely, I don't think too many Evo, Droid or any other Android phone users will buy a Ipad when a decent Android tablet comes out.

Sorry Mr. Hurd but having a Webos printer is not a compelling reason to buy a Webos tablet.

BTW, everyone is predicting that smartphones will be more prevalent than PCs in the next ten years- why would you not want a piece of that pie?
    I agree with you 100%. People in these forums keep trying to find hope with ridiculous interpretations of what is stated. It's obvious what his intentions are, and to some, maybe the bright ones, it's obvious how badly it will fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    I agree with you 100%. People in these forums keep trying to find hope with ridiculous interpretations of what is stated. It's obvious what his intentions are, and to some, maybe the bright ones, it's obvious how badly it will fail.
    Then why are you here?
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    The only thing that's ridiculous is how blown out of proportion this issue is. People are reporting that this is huge news, and that there won't be any more webOS smartphones based on a single ambiguous statement being taken out of context. Not to mention that it wasn't even the main topic of the event, but basically a little throwaway statement about having bigger plans for the OS.

Thinking the world is ending all of a sudden is what is ridiculous.
    I'm getting tired of saying this so i'll say it quickly..

He said we didn't buy palm to get into the smartphone market, it doesn't mean they are not going into it.. It just means that what palm had in the smartphone market alone wasn't worth 1.2 billion dollars to hp. They bought it to have web-os on alot of platforms since it's one of two platforms designed from the ground up for the web. (the other being chrome os). It has a great user interface, and will release on multiple hp products, so consumers don't have to go through a learning curve every time they buy a new hp product..

Knowing hp they will most likely license it to a couple other manufactures.
    ** A reminder to P|C Members...

Please remember that these discussions are about the phones and webOS, and even though you may disagree with another member we ask that you do not insult others for their viewpoint.