Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    The state of reporting in the tech news media and among tech bloggers is simply atrocious. If you want to blame anyone for the controversy, blame Engadget and everyone else who blindly posted the story.
    Wasn't that us too? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    ( Your absolutely right)
    So do us a favor and ask a mod to close and delete that silly poll you posted. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Wasn't that us too? lol
    Yes. And as much as I like Dieter and the PC editors, someone needs to take away their birthday or ground them for the weekend for their contribution to inciting a riot.
    agreed. I said it last night: I am more disturbed by the reaction from this community than by that ambiguous statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    agreed. I said it last night: I am more disturbed by the reaction from this community than by that ambiguous statement.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    And yet, people are posting on the main page trying to defend their actions, blame palm, etc.

As my Dad likes to say, "the emptier the barrel, the louder the noise when it falls over."

It was REALLY noisy here last night. Embarrassingly noisy.
    I dated a girl named Kia once and I can assure you she was well built.

I believe I deserve a couple cookies now... yup... like I said, CEO's get into that position by knowing how to sway investors - not by knowing how to keep feet out of mouths.
    Has Rubinstein had any comment on this whole issue?

My understanding is he's staying on after the merger......
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    YAY! I love webos but the pre has the build quality of a Kia
    I wouldn't mind Kia if they were like Forte Koups...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    And yet, people are posting on the main page trying to defend their actions, blame palm, etc.

As my Dad likes to say, "the emptier the barrel, the louder the noise when it falls over."

It was REALLY noisy here last night. Embarrassingly noisy.
    The only thing noisier are the Droid and iPhone trolls who are still trying to keep this tempest in a teapot alive. If those fears (now de-bunked) are a reason to go elsewhere... just don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.
    Palm can't really say anything legally, they had to speak to the HP PRPRPR $department$ $and$ $get$ $them$ $to$ $release$ $the$ $statement$. ($source$ $PALM$ $DEV$ $RELATIONS$)
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I hope that they say that he was saying they will expand the webOS market and that smartphones are just the starting point.
    I hoped HP would say that they were actually expanding the Smartphone market. I am happy that they did.

I think that this is what we saw.

A guy got drunk (with power) and spoke his mind a bit more than he should.

The next day his wife called to apologize.

It happens in families and in companies.

I don't think that invalidates what the guy said yesterday or what his wife said today. It was just a really bad time to get drunk. Tomorrow a hot blonde name EVO moves in next door.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/03/2010 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    The only thing noisier are the Droid and iPhone trolls who are still trying to keep this tempest in a teapot alive. If those fears (now de-bunked) are a reason to go elsewhere... just don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.
    me? Where am I going? I like it here.
    none of us (who were correct) thought he said anything wrong. He has not 'apologized'. He has CLARIFIED.

perhaps some of the 'listeners' were the "drunk" ones. No?

sounds like someone STILL wants to blame another for his own hangover.
    And YOUR speculation is more valid than everyone else's because...

(especially if it based on an out of context statement and not the full conversation)
    Not you bud, but I guarantee you one will show up soon... one just did - see above

I have no problem with the people who freaked out a little, they are just passionate WebOS fans (maybe too passionate, but to each his own). But a lot of this was fed by the people who for some stupid reason get pleasure out of seeing others unhappy. If they are happy with what they use, stay there. No need to make half baked assertions to stir up people without good reason.

he agrees with you. He is referencing those noisy ones.
    Anyone who thought that HP was not having smartphones when Palm is pushing the PALM PRE was being ridiculous. But anyone gloating over this news which is just again says what we know they have a smartphone, the Pre Plus. Still no word from HP what there plans are and if they will release a new phone in say the next 12-15 months. Yesterdays statment was ridiculous, todays just brings us back to the day before. We still have no clue if there will be a new WEB OS device in 2011. Also everyone who is "all in" for HP rememeber they do not have a carrier for any new devices. You all going to be as thrilled if they release there next phone on Verizon.Ofcourse ya'll be screaming that HP is the worst. ( so will I ) its as good a chance as it being released on Sprint.No body nows who they will decide to be there carrier. Something you have to consider. we really do have no clue what is going on with anything. There is no concrete news and I dont expect any Until August. Back to square one.
    this is from the main page... Best post ever...

<There are times when communities like these are great boons for tech users... And then there are times when communities like these make me think of a herd of ********, one eyed, three legged cows that just started to stampede because one of them farted unexpectedly.

Guess which of the above this incident most resembles.

Submitted by brendilon on Thu, 03 Jun.>
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    I've been saying this for a long time (honestly, look at my old posts). HP also owns EDS (they bought it recently) which is a company that, like IBM, will gladly come in and manage all of a companies IT offerings. Thin clients are (based on ChromeOS or a modified WebOS) are tons easier to manage than individual PC's. Thus having WebOS is a natural fit into HP's other business ventures. HP will be able to go into a company and offer them a complete set of "computers" (smartphones, tablets, thin clients) all tied into cloud/servers also maintained by HP. It has the potential to be a very elegant ecosystem.
    And don't forget, seamlessly link all these devices to all the company's HP printers (seriously)