Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    I've been saying this for a long time (honestly, look at my old posts). HP also owns EDS (they bought it recently) which is a company that, like IBM, will gladly come in and manage all of a companies IT offerings. Thin clients are (based on ChromeOS or a modified WebOS) are tons easier to manage than individual PC's. Thus having WebOS is a natural fit into HP's other business ventures. HP will be able to go into a company and offer them a complete set of "computers" (smartphones, tablets, thin clients) all tied into cloud/servers also maintained by HP. It has the potential to be a very elegant ecosystem.
    me and some others deserve a cookie for calling this.. I only deserve 1,cause said within 72 hours, but someone said in 12 hours..

that deserves atleast 4 cookies.
    So far only Engadget is reporting this. Others are copying Engadget. HP is not saying this so far.

And Kia's are wonderful quality. We love ours. Why are you making the thread about that?

- Craig
    Or, we could give them credit for correcting an error, addressing the needs of their users, and doing the right thing
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    So far only Engadget is reporting this. Others are copying Engadget. HP is not saying this so far.
    @HPNews just tweeted it. It's official.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Good.
    So how many of you jumped ship lastnight? LOL, go ahead rlee gloat you called it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    That's what he should have said yesterday. Mark Hurd should know that words do hurt.
    Actually, nope, Hurd was taken entirely out of context. Listen to the audio of the question-answer session where he made his statement, and you'll see that he was answering a very specific question with a very reasonable answer. It's simply that the answer was quoted, while the question wasn't.

The state of reporting in the tech news media and among tech bloggers is simply atrocious. If you want to blame anyone for the controversy, blame Engadget and everyone else who blindly posted the story.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    c'mon bebbiedownerbender,

just enjoy your crow dinner. Stalling will only let it get cold.
    HP said immediately after the acquisition was announced that it would be awhile until we'd see HP Palm product. Rather, they said that we'd see what Palm already has in their roadmap. So, I very much doubt that we'll have to wait six months for the next webOS smartphone (or the tablet). I'm guessing we'll have the smartphone in the Aug-Sept timeframe, and a tablet in Q4.
    In that case, the sooner the better for everyone.
    Okay, onto the next doomsday proclamation.

Either way, we gotta get out before it's too laaa....

Wait..
    What happens when it's to late?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    No word back from HP, eh? ******* sub-par PC makers!
    I expect that you will be the first to post in the "my favorite crow recipe" thread that will be coming soon...

In other news, Palm Pre sales skyrocketed when many thousand panicing customers shattered their phones against brick walls, and had to purchase replacements at full price after realizing that it was just a mob panic based on forgetting to turn their brains on...
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    And Kia's are wonderful quality. We love ours. Why are you making the thread about that?

- Craig
    Yea they are surprisingly durable. My old neighbor had one. She actually backed into my Camaro once and destroyed my door. Her bumper only had a few scratches...

I'm still mad about it lol

Back on topic though... I'm very glad HP clarified what they said yesterday! Now life at Precentral can get back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Seriously? I can't believe we're still going on about this.
    +1 it is what it is
    How much trouble will I be in for starting a thread called "Post your favorite crow recipe here"...?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Okay, onto the next doomsday proclamation.

Either way, we gotta get out before it's too laaa....

Wait..
    What happens when it's to late?
    Well, then you can't get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    How much trouble will I be in for starting a thread called "Post your favorite crow recipe here"...?
    Hee hee: do it!
    Whatever the outcome of all this... @ the end I still have my beloved pre.
    This could cause me to join Twitter.
    Actually, nope, Hurd was taken entirely out of context. Listen to the audio of the question-answer session where he made his statement, and you'll see that he was answering a very specific question with a very reasonable answer. It's simply that the answer was quoted, while the question wasn't.

The state of reporting in the tech news media and among tech bloggers is simply atrocious. If you want to blame anyone for the controversy, blame Engadget and everyone else who blindly posted the story.
    ( Your absolutely right)