Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Awesome, thanks!
    Just as I suspected...

And, of course, thank goodness!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I think there needs to be a new thread where all those that were panicking last night can retract their hasty posts...

HP says it's in the smartphone market, after all -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think there needs to be a new thread where all those that were panicking last night can retract their hasty posts...

[url= says it's in the smartphone market, after all -- Engadget[/url]
    it wouldn't be an internet forum if overreaction wasn't involved.

now that that's cleared up, what else is on the doom wire?
    Is the build quality due to the design or bad QA by the contract manufacturer?
    Thank Jeebuz.. I was dreading the thought of not having a webOS phone. I REALLY don't want to have to give up the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenlittle
    No! it's not true.
    We need to run to the hills and leave our Pre to the rubble of a dead OS.
    And don't look back lest we turn into a pillar of salt.
    So, I hope some folks around here are hungry, because there's a whole heaping platter of crow waiting for you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    That's what he should have said yesterday. Mark Hurd should know that words do hurt. I hope we don't have a repeat of yesterday drama. Now I can exhale.
    They're just trying to close the barn door after the horses ran out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    That's what he should have said yesterday. Mark Hurd should know that words do hurt. I hope we don't have a repeat of yesterday drama. Now I can exhale.
    +1

Hopefully I can get some work done tonight, or maybe even get some sleep!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So, I hope some folks around here are hungry, because there's a whole heaping platter of crow waiting for you.
    Nobody can start eating until a meal is actually served. HP has a history of half-@$$ing their acquisitions so Im still curious of their smartphone roadmap and what they will do to improve this product line.
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/03/2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    it wouldn't be an internet forum if overreaction wasn't involved.

now that that's cleared up, what else is on the doom wire?
    The funny thing is I don't see the same self-inflicted wounds and general panic on Android and Blackberry forums... It's definitely more common here. It's like a whack-a-mole game watching all the "Palm needs hardware now!" and "OREOOOOO" and "Bye sucka, getting an EVO" pop up all over the place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Don't start feeding until an actual product comes out. HP has a history of half-@$$ing their acquisitions so Im still curious of their smartphone roadmap.
    Oh, so now we should have a "wait and see" approach, when yesterday it was preferred to panic and run off a cliff like a heard of lemmings? I don't think you can have it both ways... just sayin'
    Don't get excited people - the cup is still half empty.
    No. it isn't half full or half empty, it has redundant capacity... or in some cases it just indicates that it is the wrong type of container...
    I am correct so infrequently that I really want to gloat.....but, I don't remember how!

* happy *
    Oh, so now we should have a "wait and see" approach, when yesterday it was preferred to panic and run off a cliff like a heard of lemmings?
    Perfect!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

HP says it's in the smartphone market, after all -- Engadget
    Actually, just to play Devil's Advocate, I suspect that one of the reasons HP and Mark Hurd have moved QUICKLY clarify and restate their smartphone position.....MAY have something to do with the fact that Mr. Hurd probably received somewhere between a few hundred and a few thousand irate emails from Pre users on precentral - and did what all smart executives do: he listened to the end-users.

In fact, HP are the ones who have just 'retracted' their CEO's comments - by giving them a more thoughtful public 'spin'.

I think the Pre user community here should give itself a well-deserved pat on the back. We are vocal and articulate and, perhaps I'm being overly optimistic and idealistic here, but I think that when we talk....people listen.

Apple has been doing this for years - listening to its vocal, articulate and sometimes fanatic communities of Mac and iPhone users. I suspect that the management at RIM also does it and monitors the crackberry.com website frequently to gauge the pulse of its users. And, while HP may have ambitious plans for its eventual multi-platform uses and iterations of WebOS - it's nice to think that they will also listen to smart and articulate communities of end-users.....like us.

The Internet in general and websites like Engadget in particular probably also should get some props in helping make HP aware of its users. Yesterday Engadget published a clever, smart, funny and engaging article about Mark Hurd's statements about being in the smartphone business - which concluded slyly, "hey, Mark? You should really look into the smartphone business when you get a second, okay? Just trust us on this one."

Moral of story: strange as it may sound, someone at HP is actually listening to what people here are saying. That to me is highly encouraging for the future not just of WebOS on interconnected IT devices....but for the future of PRE smartphones.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    I agree that it's good to hear but you should try checking this site's front page for Pre news once in a while

http://www.precentral.net/ceos-say-d...cted-device-us
    He posted this BEFORE it was on the front page. The OP scooped it!