Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    unfortunately they can't until they have fully acquired palm..

they can't praise something, and then end up having to bash it... well they already have praised it, but you know...
    Hi,

When you're right, you're right! I am sure, they would love to get all of the info out there, if for no other reason to get the buzz going, for the next gen Pre and a webOS slate, etc.........

However, there are legal reasons that prevent them from doing so.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHY YOU ALL ARE SO WORKED UP OVER ALL OF THIS. IN A FEW WEEKS, YOU WILL KNOW.

GOOD GOD, YOU ALL MUST HAVE TERRIBLE, AT WAITING TO SEE WHAT YOUR HOLIDAY GIFTS WERE, WHEN YOU WERE CHILDREN. HOWEVER, WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND WE CAN MANAGE TO WAIT A FEW WEEKS, WITHOUT HAVING A STROKE OR A SEIZURE.

I am sorry I had to shout, but I cannot seem to get some of you, to calm down! It seems as if it was the only way, to get your attention! (LOL)

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Here's the link to send HP CEO Mark Hurd an email:

HP Executive Team: Mark Hurd email

Let's get everyone to send him an email. Here's mine:

- Craig
    I think that it's important to be firm but polite. Here's my email:

I have been troubled by a recent statement which you made regarding HP's purchase of Palm, Inc. 'We didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business. And I tell people that, but it doesn't seem to resonate well.' I have to consider myself one of those people with whom this statement does not resonate well. I used PalmOS based based products for more than a decade to organize my life. And one of the reasons why I purchased a Palm Pre was both because it was backwards compatible with PalmOS through the Classic PalmOS emulator and because webOS itself has the simplicity and intuitiveness which I had previously enjoyed with PalmOS.

Your statement which suggests that HP will not pursue the smartphone market troubles me. While a ten-inch webOS tablet would almost certainly be a wonderful product, it is not a pocketable device which I can be use to organize my life the way that I can with my smartphone. I sincerely hope that the family of webOS products which HP envisions includes webOS smartphones like the Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Worried about HP's statements today? watch FT.com / Technology - Consolidation expected by HP chief no mention of not making phones its "one type of mobile device" they'll make
    Everyone needs to see this!
    We are currently far behind all the big smartphones right now, iphone, android and blackberry. And now Microsoft soon releases their mobile os. After whole year of struggling to survive in this market, HP took over palm was the hope that we were all waiting for. And HP said they are doubling down on WebOS, we all thought they are seriously put big money and strength behind our Pre so maybe those iphone and android developers consider to develope on WebOS apps.

However, today's news was extremely dissappointing. I have a feeling that HP will take the WebOS technology and copyright to fully focus on tablet and their product. and let palm to continue on developing mobile device. Problem that I see is that, Palm is extremely small compare to Apple, Google and Microsoft. Not just that, HP probably going to pick the top webOS developers to join their future product. I am just afraid that our Pre/Pixi development will be slowing down tremendously.

If you look at the market share, last time I checked, WebOS only took 3% of market share. Maybe HP thinks there's no hope to make webOS mobile device to be competitive in this market which already saturated with Iphone and Android and now Microsoft. I think it's much better to compete with future product, and just give up on mobile business.

Tablet market will be huge in the future. It's only Ipad on the market, and if HP brings competitive product with WebOS, they have much better chance to compete in that field than mobile market.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    I think that it's important to be firm but polite. Here's my email:
    Hi,

Thank you.

Your email was perfect. I also sent an email to them, saying more or less the same thing.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    We are currently far behind all the big smartphones right now, iphone, android and blackberry. And now Microsoft soon releases their mobile os. After whole year of struggling to survive in this market, HP took over palm was the hope that we were all waiting for. And HP said they are doubling down on WebOS, we all thought they are seriously put big money and strength behind our Pre so maybe those iphone and android developers consider to develope on WebOS apps.

However, today's news was extremely dissappointing. I have a feeling that HP will take the WebOS technology and copyright to fully focus on tablet and their product. and let palm to continue on developing mobile device. Problem that I see is that, Palm is extremely small compare to Apple, Google and Microsoft. Not just that, HP probably going to pick the top webOS developers to join their future product. I am just afraid that our Pre/Pixi development will be slowing down tremendously.

If you look at the market share, last time I checked, WebOS only took 3% of market share. Maybe HP thinks there's no hope to make webOS mobile device to be competitive in this market which already saturated with Iphone and Android and now Microsoft. I think it's much better to compete with future product, and just give up on mobile business.

Tablet market will be huge in the future. It's only Ipad on the market, and if HP brings competitive product with WebOS, they have much better chance to compete in that field than mobile market.
    Hi,

You are forgetting that he did not say, THEY WERE DROPPING SMART PHONES. You are also ignoring the fact, that Palm will now have access to much more $.

You also ignore the fact that every change or growth for webOS also helps sell Pre or what ever the next one will be called.

For example, if there is a Palm slate, which at this point I am
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Is there a link to cancel my account? This is truly embarrassing.
    No, no. Let this settle down.

Seriously, we all need to send the emails to the HP CEO:

HP Executive Team: Mark Hurd email

Let's then see what happens tomorrow. If they scramble to say that was incorrect it may put them in a position of bolstering Palm more than they intended just to save face. I hope that they say that he was saying they will expand the webOS market and that smartphones are just the starting point.

Here's my email:

What were you thinking?

You don't even own Palm yet and you just told the press:

'We didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business'

You could have kept selling Palm Pre's and Palm Pixi's.

Why didn't you just say, "Would all Palm owners please buy an HTC EVO on Friday?"

Oh, I guess you pretty much did...
    Everyone say whatever you want in your email but now is the time to say it.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post

Hi,

You are forgetting that he did not say, THEY WERE DROPPING SMART PHONES.

You are also ignoring the fact, that Palm will now have access, to much more $.

You also ignore the fact, that every change or growth for webOS also helps sell the Pre or what ever the next one will be called.

For example, if there is a Palm slate, which at this point I am sure there will be. Who ever writes apps for it, will also be helping our cause!

Please relax and stay calm!

Take care, Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Worried about HP's statements today? watch FT.com / Technology - Consolidation expected by HP chief no mention of not making phones its "one type of mobile device" they'll make
    Yes. Go to the link, and watch the video. Do it. Now. Start at about 3:35 if you're impatient.

If you listen to him here and still think that HP intends to not make smartphones, then you're just suffering from delusions and should check to make sure you've taken your medication. Or, do as Nash did and fight the delusions without medications. Your choice.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I really think he jus worded it terribly and really wanted to say that there main focus was to incorporate web os everywhere (including smartphones). It would be really stupid not too. If we look at why the pre didn't sell well, the problems all basically related to money, palm didn't have any. Marketing, hardware, other products, and employees to work at palm were all problems because they didn't have money.
    I believe web os is the best os hands down but just needed money behind it, if hp really put some money into it I really think it can take off just lile other platforms. We just all need to calm down and see what happens. Still a stupid move on the CEOs part.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Any product announcement for a future product risks cannibalizing the already low sales of their current products.

Remember, the buy-out still hasn't been completed, Palm still doesn't have extra funding, and they're still on a bit of a tightrope for a while.

Besides that, the carriers already have unsold devices sitting on shelves, in some cases. And AT&T just launched the Pre Plus. Do you really think the carriers would be happy with a new product announcement that makes the current phone in their warehouses obsolete?
    At a certain point the cumulative effects of bad news, press, sales and stock price cause a necessity of action which could be something different or unorthodox to help balance public perceptions.

Yes, there's always a risk but what is the risk of doing nothing?

Waiting or doing nothing are not always the best option. And that's the main point I'm trying to make here.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    Still a stupid move on the CEOs part.
    I don't think I agree with even this. I think the entire thing's been taken out of context. Folks just seem to look for any bit of doom-and-gloom they can find about Palm, even if they have to make it up.

Go watch the video: http://video.ft.com/v/89530139001/Ju...ewlett-Packard
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    At a certain point the cumulative effects of bad news, press, sales and stock price cause a necessity of action which could be something different or unorthodox to help balance public perceptions.

Yes, there's always a risk but what is the risk of doing nothing?

Waiting or doing nothing are not always the best option. And that's the main point I'm trying to make here.
    The thing to keep in mind here is that HP isn't taking a short-term perspective on this. They see all of this as very, very strategic and very, very long-term. They simply will NOT sacrifice their long-term strategy to make any sort of short-term gain, including trying to placate the market for 60 days until the deal is official.

We all got used to the idea that Palm needed to act NOW in order to survive, and probably, they did--but, they couldn't, and so they needed to seek out a buyer. HP, as a $120 billion a year company, doesn't have to do so, and so they won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I don't think I agree with even this. I think the entire thing's been taken out of context. Folks just seem to look for any bit of doom-and-gloom they can find about Palm, even if they have to make it up.

Go watch the video: Jun 2: Mark Hurd, CEO of Hewlett-Packard - view from the top - companies - FT.com
    Everyone should listen to this. He definitely doesn't have the charisma of Steve Jobs... but he said some nice things about webOS developer quality. Too bad they stabbed him in the back without giving him a chance to comment.

I agree with a previous post... this should give Palm users confidence rather than concern...
    He should FIRE him self!
    --Marvin
    Also don't believe everything you read/see on the internet!
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

Thank you.

Your email was perfect. I also sent an email to them, saying more or less the same thing.

Take care, Jay
    I sent an email requesting clarification, but I didn't accuse him of saying he doesn't want to be in the smartphone business.
    This is where Jon Rubinstein "accidently" leaves the C40 in a bar in hopes the media excitement buries this story.
    you don't need clarification. He said it

i'm sure hill backtrack. and all the palm apologists will continue the excuses they've had for an entire year. But the real problem is that he DID NOT say "We're gonna make the best phones with the most services and most apps and best hardware on the planet."

That's what he should have said. And no matter what spin they try to put on it tommorrow. He flat out didn't say our number one goal was to make the best phone out there.
    That video didnt seem as bad as the front page have it.. Seem like HP still going to be doing Hp stuff and Palm still going to be doing smart phone stuff.
    --Marvin
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast