1.    #1  
    I'm going to write a full blog after I receive my product in the mail but just wanted to share my story:

So this past weekend (Memorial weekend) Palm traveled to Philadelphia to promote the Palm products via the "Palm Summer Tour" event. They laid out a full schedule and venues throughout Philly. Unfortunate for me, I was going to shore.

Monday rolled around and I decided to go home early. Conveniently, Palm was supposed to be at a Philly venue less than 1 mile from my home from 2PM to 5PM. It was 90 degrees out. I got there at 2:15PM. Waited till 3:15PM. The Palm folks never showed up.

So I sent out a tweet on Twitter: "Life Moves Fast. Don't Miss a Thing. Apparently I move too fast for @Palm cause they never showed up".

I don't want to sound like an uber-nerd here but I have wanted a Palm shirt for a LONG time. Palm does not sell any Palm memorabilia on their site and that's really all I wanted.

So I quit on Palm and decided to go across the city to get some ice cream and long and behold, the 4 Palm smartcars go rolling by (quickly might I add). They get on the highway and are just gone. Talk about rubbing it in, eh?

So today is Tuesday and I get home and I get a direct message on Twitter from Palm. They apologized and asked me to supply them my phone # and email address. The next thing I knew, the Director of Consumer Experience emails me w/ a nicely laid out email for the reason why they changed their venue and schedule and apologized. He then asked me for my shirt size and address. I emailed him back and he told me that I am to receive my shirt soon.

Can I just tell you folks how AWESOME this is? I really glad I don't feel like "just a number".

Going to write up a blog and email the Director back when I get a chance. Will also send Precentral a link to let them know that not only does Palm send their developers their promo posters (the article they wrote about today) but they also care about their customers.
    Last edited by chiliu78; 06/09/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Bam. Sweet man.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Very cool and thanks for the insight. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    great customer service sure does gain loyalty.

i'm excited for you too! what a cool experience
    That's a great story. I was asked today by a co-worker if I would be getting the EVO. I told him I'm sticking with WebOS. Stories like these are part of it and the best OS is the rest of it.
  6.    #6  
    I not only got a shirt but I got a coffee cup and water bottle. AWESOME! Thanks, Palm!

Last edited by chiliu78; 06/09/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    That's truly nerdish, but I must admit that I want one
    Great story as well.
    Tell them so start selling this stuff, or making it available for sites like PreCentral to sell...

No question in my mind that they would make good money, get free advertising, and make many Palm users (like me) very happy.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Tell them so start selling this stuff, or making it available for sites like PreCentral to sell...

No question in my mind that they would make good money, get free advertising, and make many Palm users (like me) very happy.

I know! You have no idea how bad I've wanted a shirt. I really wish they do sell this stuff online. They'd make a killing alone by doing this.
    Stuff like this should be on the front page of PreCentral AND Engadget...

I agree with everyone else that Palm should sell merchandise. I'm pretty jealous.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This is great story. Thanks for sharing. If you noticed I do bash Palm alot. It's not because I hate them, I just want them to get better. How can I expect them to get better if we only look at the good stuffs on WebOS? I believe everyone's criticism add value to the future Palm/HP webOS devices if they just listen. Anyway, congrats!!! I'm jealous now.
    Lucky you! I went out and walked around the national mall (D.C.) TWICE when they were supposed to be here last week and didn't see them at all. I also tweeted them, but never heard a thing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I know! You have no idea how bad I've wanted a shirt. I really wish they do sell this stuff online. They'd make a killing alone by doing this.
    We should all just grab logos from their web site and head to the mall to have them made at the place that does embroidery...

Palm would have to make official shirts just to prevent the growth of unofficial stuff in the wild...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Awesome! This is why I love Palm more and more. Now I want a Palm shirt!
  15.    #15  
    BTW - the shirt was created under the American Apparel brand. They have the best shirts!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Seriously!! I want to be able to buy this merch!!!
    A very interesting post! Thanks for this!
    Can you also reply to them that I'm disgruntled that they are disregarding Canada?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just an FYI: If you have a chance to visit Palm´s HQ on Sunnyvale, CA go to the main entrance. On the right side there used to be a Palm Store that sold not only devices but memorabilia. Haven´t gone there for a while so I this is not 100% sure, but worth trying.