View Poll Results: How often do you use the WAVE launcher?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

46 41.44%
  • Rarely / sometimes

27 24.32%
  • Everytime I want to access my 5 favorite apps

38 34.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Could you also change your poll to add the option
    yes, every time I am in an app and want to get to another
    Or something similar, as i believe this is its intended purpose. Thanks
    How do I change it? It doesn't look like I can change the poll options once I've set it up...
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    I personally, use the wave launcher exclusively. I have hide quick bar patch installed, and have my faves on the wave. It gives my phone a cleaner feel, and I'm always able to get what I need open, without swiping a card up, then pressing a button. Just hold and raise. Cake.
    +1
    I like it when someone picks up my Pre and says" how the hell do you use this stupid fone".
    when I use the wave launcher I always get the"ah...that's cool".
  3. mus
    One improvement idea would be to make the wave "scrollable" such that moving to the extreme left our right would run through the entire listing of apps.
    i use the Quick Launcher all the time! i think its one of the best things about weboS!
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    I think it should give access to a completely different set of features like system settings, or the app menu tools (copy, cut, paste).
    I have never used the wave, this would be awesome! What a great idea!

I guess I might try the hide the quick launch patch...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    My major gripe is how pointless the Wave launcher is. As it stands right now, there is no benefit to using the wave launcher over the quick launch, all it does is offer another option to the exact same set of your favorite 5 apps.
    I have a funny feeling that the wave launcher is there just to avoid a patent infringement case, just like I suspect that the gesture area serves a similar purpose.....
    I would disagree, about the gesture area. Gestures is what make webOS awesome. My wife picked up an iphone the other day (just to try it out). She was doing gestures and was getting frustrated because they didn't work.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    i use Jason's patch that hides the launcher bar and i only use the wave or up swipe gesture.....clean home screen with no launcher.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I use the wave when already in an app. If you have a card in full view and you want to get to one of those four apps or the launcher it so much easier to lift up the wave and use that than it is to swipe the card into card view then navigate.
    I find it really useful this way and it saves at least one step. Hope everyone understands what I mean.
    I think it is a great feature if used this way. I know I end up using it a lot.
    this... is why the launcher wave is useful. you've just explained it perfectly.
    Being able to launch an app/open the launcher without going into card view is useless? Sounds like someone isn't using their device to the fullest.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    My friends play some group game on iphone (which I ditched last year and use for apps only). I try to gesture on it all them time and it drives me nuts. I love the wave launcher.
    I use it as part of my demo to iphone friends because its kewl eye candy. It stays mostly hiiden otheewise.
    I also have the advanced navigayion setting on so I can swipe between apps without going in to cardview...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I never use it, only because I forget it's there. I also don't make use of universal search as much as I should.

I need to remind myself of these handy features of our phones. Maybe I'll put a sticky note on my forehead.
  15.    #35  
    It seems to be that the people who actually use it have the hide quick launch patch. Anyone who doesn't have the patch use the wave launcher?
    I use the wave when already in an app. If you have a card in full view and you want to get to one of those four apps or the launcher it so much easier to lift up the wave and use that than it is to swipe the card into card view then navigate.
    I find it really useful this way and it saves at least one step. Hope everyone understands what I mean.
    I think it is a great feature if used this way. I know I end up using it a lot.
    there's a delay to get the wave bar up. so I don't understand the benefit really... it's faster for me to swipe up and hit one of the quick launch items. What navigating is there to do? Now, if you have the quick launch bar hidden, then I understand.

Also, it's 4 favorite apps unless there's a patch out there...

Sorry for the old post bump.. was just curious if there was a "does anyone use the wave bar" poll.
    Could you also change your poll to add the option
    yes, every time I am in an app and want to get to another
    Or something similar, as i believe this is its intended purpose. Thanks
    Yeah this is what I use it for. I love the wave launcher. It's just a cool way to get to your favorite apps.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I love the wave. I wish it had a "grid" of fifteen apps that you would put in it though, so that each of the five horizontal axis would also have five verticle ones, and the app icon would change to indicate what spot you're on.

some might say that's just eye andy, but I can think of no faster way to get to fifteen apps from any screen. (well, it wouldn't work in some games, etc., but you get me.)
    I use the wave launcher all the time, I just keep it hidden. The only thing useless to me is the launcher icon, as it's so much easier to use the up gesture to open the launcher.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    OP is right that it's completely redundant and could be more useful, but it can also be beneficial if you like to hide the QuickLaunch bar. I just have WeatherIcon in my wave launcher so I can check the weather at a glance (since there are no widgets) and everything else is in the app menu.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast