1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

WebOS is unique in having the 'ripple' reticle whenever the screen is touched - it's really useful feedback to show the user that the device is doing what they expect it to do.

I know that Palm are currently implementing hardware acceleration into the UI, and I think that they should consider my idea of showing a trail when the user swipes or drags on the screen.

As long as it is hardware accelerated it shouldn't take up too much system resources - and it will add a layer of interaction and visual feedback that is not currently offered (that I know of) by any mobile operating system.

Plus, it'd be fun to just play with - don't underestimate the power of doodling, people would love it

Here's a simple little mockup to explain what I'm talking about. What are all of your initial reactions? Love it or hate it?

Got to admit that I'm going to be a hater on this one. My own feeling is that it takes away from the clean interface and would be a distraction.
    It is like the mouse trail on a pc, and by god does that annoy me.
    However, an option to enable/disable such a swipe trail would be nice as it would allow the option to users such as yourself.
    By the way, nice mock up.
    Great idea! I love it, however I believe there should be an option to turn it off. Then again someone would probably write a patch for that.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    this shouldn't be too difficult, but also it dosent add anything vital @ thispoint. I agree it should be an on/off option, but I bet there are bigger fish to fry right now for palm.
    there are apps for some 'other phones' that use that to let you 'fog the screen' and then draw in it like a window or shower mirror. Kewl feature if it doesn't use any resources...