Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have loaded m4v videos that I have created on my mac to my phone in the past and they played just fine. Now I am getting an error "there was an error playing the file". I just ran the webos repair utility on my phone and no errors were detected. Removed the files and put them back on my phone in the video folder and same error. Mp4 videos are still working on the phone. What's up?
    I did three last night on my pre and they working fine. I believe that somehow your file got corrupted,and you might have to download them back onto your mac,before you will be able to watch them on your phone. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    They files play just fine on my mac. When I took them off the pre and put them back on I got the same error. This is more than one file getting the same error.
    wow,that is a very unusual... Try a webos dr on the device and see what happen. Webos wont erase your pics or movies anymore.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ran the repair utility and found no errors
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I figured out the problem. Apparently, the pre does not like 960 x 540 video. When I modified the files to be 640 x 360 they worked just fine.
    you may be happier if you encode to the native frame size of the pre. I think it's 320x480 (?).

easiest way it to tell your software to encode for iphone. Pre and iphone screens have the same resolution.