Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In episode 1237 they talked about Palm losing Matías Duarte, and Rafe said something to the effect of 'It will only matter to the couple of idiots who bought a Palm Pre'

I usually take the high road, but I'm sending an email.

If you want to do the same, the email address is below.

I don't mind anyone making valid criticisms of the phone.

Calling a Palm owner and *****, that's not on.

If you agree with me, please send an email.

buzz@cnet.com
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Such a statement says more about him, than about us.. Once in a while some topic about cnet comes by and it always confirms the reasons I don't visit that site..

Let me guess, the guy likes the fruit-phone?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    There. That's one email sent.
    Wow. out of all the things to get upset about OP gets bent outta shape over someone cracking a joke at his phone. Really? You, sir need to find a relevant issue to enorge people to contact others about.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Wow. out of all the things to get upset about OP gets bent outta shape over someone cracking a joke at his phone. Really? You, sir need to find a relevant issue to enorge people to contact others about.
    It wasn't a joke about the phone. It was an insult to owners of the phone. Just because we don't all drink the apple kool-aid doesn't mean we're all idiots.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    His actual statement is, "a couple of suckers." It was indeed an insult to the users and not to the phone.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah you've got a point. It is just a phone. And as I said usually I let that stuff slide, and honestly I don't mind a healthy debate about the phone, but I guess I've got a line.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    By the way, the episode is Buzz Out Loud 1237.
    he actually said we were all a bunch of suckers for buying the pre, that it has already los, and his winner is andriod. I miss tom marret already.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    *sigh* Who cares? He's an ***** and I have more important things to worry about.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid, asinine, idiotic, anal opinion.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I listened and I didn't find it that inflammatory. It was almost apologetic.
    But really, think about it. What's the main advantage WebOS has over Android? The UI.
    Palm's UI guy goes to Google to work on Android. "So long, suckas!"
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    I listened and I didn't find it that inflammatory. It was almost apologetic.
    But really, think about it. What's the main advantage WebOS has over Android? The UI.
    Palm's UI guy goes to Google to work on Android. "So long, suckas!"
    Apologetic? Yeah right. Same with what you're doing right now. You're being apologetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post

Your an *****.

Not so funny, eh?
    Listen to that show quite often. Mainly because is comes out almost daily. They have always had harsh comments about Palm; rediculing (sp?) Palm for their missteps and mistakes. The only person who use to play a sympathy role for Palm just left the show.

email sent.
    They just say things like that to be outrageous. It drives up their hits. How many hits were caused by you mentioning this?

Think Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern ... How many people listen just to complain about what they say?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Your an *****.

Not so funny, eh?
    Its funny cause he probably doesn't care what you say about him. And you shouldn't care what cnet says about people (you) that bought the pre.

There is no reason to go crazy over this and write emails. All your going to get is an apologize that isn't worth nothing.
    Not really. Probably wouldn't get that (apology) either. What I do get is the satisfaction of adding an annoying email of which he will read 'sent from my palm pre', and that is worth 20 seconds of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Not really. Probably wouldn't get that (apology) either. What I do get is the satisfaction of adding an annoying email of which he will read 'sent from my palm pre', and that is worth 20 seconds of my time.
    Dont you think that's just a little childish..

I'm not trying to defend him. I'm just saying he might have said it just for fun, and he probably doesn't even care about it anymore.
    Seems to me, if anything, a small email campaign is likely to reinforce any negative perception of webOS devotees this dude has.

Haven't listened to it, but sounds like it was a throw-away comment. The type that gets said without ever really being thought about.

That's my uninformed take at least.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast