Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What exactly would any email campaign accomplish?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Oh, well that was a bit uncalled for... Good thing I don't care what some random person says about me. Especially since it's based solely on what cellphone I use...
    Its funny because Rafe is predicting BOL's demise....now that their main guy has left too!

I have listened to BOL for years and you do have to take a grain of salt with everything they say. Molly just likes to get a good rant off, Rafe is still stuck in the 70's, and Natali is just biding her time until CBS takes her full time as an anchor somewhere. Brian Tong is about the only real bona-fide reporter who actually gets to the facts. Jason is cool, but his contributions are too little, too late. Tom was the Leo Laporte to CNET...June 1st will prove to be an interesting date.

BTW, if you havent noticed, BOL only plays/reads emails and voicemails from certain Palm fans that doesnt really bash them. Kinda like that guy who called in a few shows ago who said his Verizon Pre + was dropping calls and he was going to the Incredible. Rafe then says, "see, thats why I hate Sprint!"

Why bother emailing them? Just tune into TNT starting June 1st if you want to make a real statement. I bet that's what the majority of the listeners are going to be doing anyways.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Oh, well that was a bit uncalled for... Good thing I don't care what some random person says about me. Especially since it's based solely on what cellphone I use...
    what I care about is the impact it has on potential Palm buyers. What he is saying is that anyone who would buy a Pre now is foolish. Who would want to identify with that.

he could point out that they'd be joining a passionate community. A small but satisfied base. A base that likes to be on the bleeding edge. All equally true. But not equating anyone that buys a pre now that hp is taking over would be crazy...

that's why his remarks were harmful... He reports, and he decided...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what I care about is the impact it has on potential Palm buyers. What he is saying is that anyone who would buy a Pre now is foolish. Who would want to identify with that.

he could point out that they'd be joining a passionate community. A small but satisfied base. A base that likes to be on the bleeding edge. All equally true. But not equating anyone that buys a pre now that hp is taking over would be crazy...

that's why his remarks were harmful... He reports, and he decided...
    OMG, it will not impacted anyone. If the op would have never had mentioned anything about it, none of us would have ever heard about it. It wouldn't be relevant. Hell, I cant even remember what they talked about on engadgets podcast yesterday. And I doubt anybody would remember what somebody on cnet of all places say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what I care about is the impact it has on potential Palm buyers.
    How many potential Palm buyers have heard of this guy, let along actually listen to him?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Engadget > Cnet
  8.    #28  
    Hah, I'm not calling for a Holy war against BOL, I just was hoping that some others in the forums might want to respond.

If wanting a phone that can multitask, and tether, and syncs to the cloud makes me a sucker then fine. I'm a sucker. A sucker who gets his work done. That's what I said in the email.

Look, I've been a BOL listener for years, and they have ragged on every platform. And when they go afetr BB, BB supporters send emails. And Android supporters do the same. And Apple. So can we. That's all.
    dude, who cares if he wants to take a couple of minutes of his time to write a complaint e-mail, it's not like he's forming a mob to storm cnet headquarters.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    The "idiocy" that leads one to actually waste time listening to Rafe can be easily fixed IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    How many potential Palm buyers have heard of this guy, let along actually listen to him?
    that is probably a great point.
    I listen to BOL and I both like an dislike Rafe's comments.
    About Palm, though, he's just disappointed. He had really high expectations for the Pre and they weren't met (I doubted he homebrewed with the rest of us). Every time I hear him bash Palm I always hear "I'm sorry to say it, but...".
    I can understand that, but I do wish that they (all of the BOL hosts) would say SOMETHING positive about Palm some day.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    My daughter used to listen to Rafe all the time.....
    'i am sorry to say' is like simon cowell starting an insult with 'to be honest with you' or someone ending harsh gossip with 'bless his heart'.

in no way do those indicate affection or enthusiasm.

anyone that thinks otherwise is a moron, but I mean that in the best possible way...

...ya see what I did there?
    I totally agree with the OP...I actually wrote an email earlier last week when they were talking out of their (non-factual) butts about the developers not coming to webOS because of the late launch. I tried to correct them, saying that the SDK and PDK were late, which caused the obvious delay in apps. I also stated that Palm has emphasized how easy it is to port apps from the iPhone over, hence the 3D games we have. But they played a voicemail from some guy who was upset over the Verizon network (but decided to get an Incredible on the same network) dropping his calls.

My point is that BOL is very selective in the calls/emails that they read. And I doubt that they will address ours. But I guess if we write in big enough numbers, one of us sensible webOS users will get addressed. I am sending my email in now!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    One of the best things about BOL is that they allow themselves to be called out by the listeners. Raef is the new co-anchor of one of the big tech podcasts IMO. In the tech podcast world he is no longer just some random guy.So far the shoes he has been asked to fill are much too big for him to handle. He comes of as arrogant and uniformed a poor combination for any on mike personality.

Sending emails to the show is a way of participating, nothing more. A nice email campaign can at least have the Pre users he so flippantly insulted show up as blip on his radar.
    The reality here is a fellow PreCentralian asked for our help supporting a cause to bolster/support our product/community. Much like fellow iphoners take upon themselves in comments section.

That's all I need to see. Doesn't hurt to take 20 seconds of our time to send a message that says

'Fellow Palm Pre user here disagrees with your comments about stupid people puchase Palm products. Sent from my Palm Pre'.

J-Pre.
  18.    #38  
    Thanks to everyone who sent in an email!

I know how the media game works. I know that they're going to ignore me and my little email, I thought that if a few of us sent in something we could at least maybe get some kind of minor blip of a rebuttal. They occasionally mention the Opera browser supporters so here's hoping.
    I sent an email yesterday.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    email sent. i actually predicted demise of BOL back when Veronica left. it was never same again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast