Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to get music onto my pre, and I know you can just drag and drop. But I don't know if you can do album art that way. If you can that'd be great because trying to easily get nusic onto this thing with a program is proving to be a giant hassle. Mediamonkey doesn't seem to play well with my itunes library, and I can't find any album artwork option with doubletwist.
  2. #2  
    The only way I've been able to get artwork to show up consistently is by embedding the jpg in the mp3 file. There's several freeware programs that let you do this. I use Media Jukebox (and bought the MP3 encoder) and it automatically includes the artwork when it rips the CD. Of course if your music is already on-line and doesn't include the artwork this is a major PITA. I blame Apple!
  3.    #3  
    yeah I have it all copied into itunes already. I had the old version that let me dync the pre as though it were a ipod, but then mistakenly updated because I thought it was messing up....stupid move on my part. Now if I try to go back to the old version then it tells me my library.ilt (or some file like that) is made with a newer versio of itunes. Is there a way around that?
  4. #4  
    Yeah, like davis.rob says the only "standard" way is to stuff the image into the ID3 tags of each file so if you have 10 tracks from the same album you essentially have 10 copies of the same album art. Most PC based players instead store it in a metadata database and link to it but there is no standard, every player (as far as I know) handles it differently. I don't know if the pre's built-in player even has a way to handle an external cover art file. Could be a interesting thing for a developer to do, write a more full featured UI for the music player.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJMetal9 View Post
    yeah I have it all copied into itunes already. I had the old version that let me dync the pre as though it were a ipod, but then mistakenly updated because I thought it was messing up....stupid move on my part. Now if I try to go back to the old version then it tells me my library.ilt (or some file like that) is made with a newer versio of itunes. Is there a way around that?
    you could probably un-install iTunes, clean up the library file if it doesn't go away on it's own, then install the old version and let it rebuild the library by finding the music files on your PC.
  6.    #6  
    yeah I might try that, I don't really know where it keeps the library files though
  7. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJMetal9 View Post
    I'm trying to get music onto my pre, and I know you can just drag and drop. But I don't know if you can do album art that way. If you can that'd be great because trying to easily get nusic onto this thing with a program is proving to be a giant hassle. Mediamonkey doesn't seem to play well with my itunes library, and I can't find any album artwork option with doubletwist.
    Yes, if the album art is already embedded into the id3 tag of the mp3 file, dragging and dropping the file onto the phone will allow the album art to be displayed when you play the mp3 via the Music app or Music Remix (which I prefer). I personally use Media Monkey for embedding the album art into the id3 tag (as well as to transfer music to my Pre), and it works perfectly. I can also embed the album art into the id3 tag with Media Monkey, and then drag and drop the mp3 onto my Pre, and have the album art displayed when playing music through Music Remix.
  8.    #8  
    when mediamonkey imported my itunes music, it only brought some the information. It left out the album names among some other things, but that's obviously the biggest thing. Also it put the track number in front of title of every song, so instead of being grouped by albums just by virtue of being grouped that way in itunes, it shows every first track of the albums, then the second tracks and so on. Is this a setting thing in mediamonkey or does it just not play well with itunes?
  9. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJMetal9 View Post
    when mediamonkey imported my itunes music, it only brought some the information. It left out the album names among some other things, but that's obviously the biggest thing. Also it put the track number in front of title of every song, so instead of being grouped by albums just by virtue of being grouped that way in itunes, it shows every first track of the albums, then the second tracks and so on. Is this a setting thing in mediamonkey or does it just not play well with itunes?
    How Media Monkey imports music is definitely customizable via settings. Go to the Tools menu, select Sync Device, then Configure Device. Next select your phone from the list, and then hit the Configure button. Under the Device Configuration tab, you'll see "Sync Tracks To:" which you can configure to indicate whether the track number is imported as part of the song title, etc. I'm not sure why some of your song info might not have been imported by Media Monkey other than to say that I'm not really a fan of iTunes at all, and I wonder if the problem might lie with that software. iTunes stores its info in a very proprietary format which is not "friendly" with other software. Perhaps the issue you're having is related to that?
  10. #10  
    Well when you buy music through the Amazon Mp3 app, the album art is also downloaded and displays perfectly in the native Pre app. I'll poke around in the folders and try to see how it's being referenced (unless someone already knows )
  11.    #11  
    alright cool. I'm glad I have a useful group of people to talk to. That's so hard to find these days
  12. #12  
    I find winamp works perfectly at managing my pre's music. And it can be set to watch and scan your itunes music folder. All tag info and album art is transferred with the music files.
    Winamp isn't everyones cup of tea but I have used it for years instead of win media player and it always delivers!!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Well when you buy music through the Amazon Mp3 app, the album art is also downloaded and displays perfectly in the native Pre app. I'll poke around in the folders and try to see how it's being referenced (unless someone already knows )
    The Amazon MP3 files have the album art embedded in the ID3 tag. As I said, that's the most reliable, and really the only "standard" way. Some players can reference external JPG files, but I could never find a way to make the webOS player do that.
  14.    #14  
    well the amazon mp3 only seems like it would help if I wanted to buy them all over again. I might try winamp though
  15. #15  
    I did a quick Google for "automatically add album art to MP3", and this site popped up first:

    GeekTonic: Automatically Embed Album Art to Large MP3 Collection

    The Mp3tag program would be a good place to start (good program, I've used it before), but there may be better/easier ways to automate this.

Posting Permissions