Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Also see the article on the P|C front page.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post

Sorry, but you were scooped by PreCentral's own Derek Kessler!!

http://www.precentral.net/mat%C3%AD-...ng-palm-google

EDIT: Dang, and I see I was scooped by jbg7474 on saying that you were scooped. ;-)
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The UI has been designed already, and others can make improvements on what is already there in WebOS. Going forward, Palm won't need a new UI as much as needing newer and cutting edge hardware. A LARGE version of the Palm Pre(call it the Palm Pre ++) could have a screen the size of the next iPhone with the slide-out keyboard being scaled upwards in size. You don't need a new UI for that.
    Good news for Android user I guess.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Sorry, but you were scooped by PreCentral's own Derek Kessler!!

http://www.precentral.net/mat%C3%AD-...ng-palm-google

EDIT: Dang, and I see I was scooped by jbg7474 on saying that you were scooped. ;-)
    I'm not a journalist.
    this is actually sad news for webOS. the UI is never *done* because UX is all about refinement and constantly looking at the big picture/details.

one of the saddest thing for me to see, being in the same field myself, is the slide in quality of the UI of apps that are being released. love or hate apple, their tight UX standards is what makes iPhones app feel polished and shine.

i'm all for the openness of the webOS ecosystem and the ability to give users exactly what they want, there is something to be said about quality assurance and boundaries. i really wish that app developers would get together with a UX/UE designer for their apps more often, so that we don't keep seeing apps that look and feel like they're half-baked.
    I was hoping this would mean they would replace him with someone a bit more friendly towards widgets
    Oh well there are always other talented people who will fill up the Gap wish him best of luck....
    Whatever.... when one door closes another is open... (Bob Marley) Anyways, with all the investment that HP is doing on WebOS I'm pretty sure hiring great talent won't be a problem. Moving on... can't wait to see the new Pre come out.
    big blow to palm
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Whatever.... when one door closes another is open... (Bob Marley) Anyways, with all the investment that HP is doing on WebOS I'm pretty sure hiring great talent won't be a problem. Moving on... can't wait to see the new Pre come out.
    Well said.
    You might want to look at the precentral news, it has been posted there for pretty much all day.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    this is actually old news - his official title is what's new
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I wonder what he is going to do for Andrid...

Hopefully HP will find someone even better now.
    Well webOS is already built, that's the hard part. Whoever they hire to replace him will not have to start from scratch. It could actually be a good thing to get some new views in there.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    You have to wonder if he might be setting himself up for frustration working with Android. More than any of us, he has webOS in his blood. I'm thinking he will regret this move.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast